|No. 31, 24|
|Date of birth:||February 29, 1968|
|Place of birth:||North Fort Myers, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||183 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Myers (FL)|
|NFL draft:||1991 / Round: 6 / Pick: 157|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Richard Alexander Fain (born February 29, 1968) is an American former college and professional football player who was a cornerback in the National Football League (NFL) for two seasons during the early 1990s. Fain played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Cincinnati Bengals, Phoenix Cardinals and Chicago Bears of the NFL.
Fain Accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Galen Hall and coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football teams from 1987 to 1990. He had ten interceptions in four seasons, and received first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) honors in 1989 and 1990, and was also a second-team All-American in 1989 and 1990. Memorably, in 1990, he recovered a punt blocked by Jimmy Spencer, and returned it twenty-five yards for a touchdown—the margin of victory in the Gators' 17–13 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Fain graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in exercise and sport sciences in 1990.
The Cincinnati Bengals selected Fain in the sixth round (157th pick overall) of the 1991 NFL Draft, and he played for the Bengals and Phoenix Cardinals during the 1991 season. He played his second and final year in the NFL for the Chicago Bears in 1992. In Fain's two-season NFL career, he played in twenty-four regular season games and started eight of them.
- Florida Gators football, 1980–89
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- List of Chicago Bears players
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Richard Fain. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Richard Fain. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 88, 96–97, 98, 101, 154, 181 (2011). Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Norm Carlson, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia, p. 107 (2007).
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1991 National Football League Draft. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Richard Fain. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.