Richard Glover (radio presenter)
Richard Glover at the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival 2012
Richard Glover is an Australian talk radio presenter, journalist and author.
Richard Glover was born in Australia, but spent some of his early life in Papua New Guinea.
Glover graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Arts degree with first class honours. He lives with the playwright Debra Oswald and they have two sons. He has written 13 books, including the humour book Desperate Husbands, which was a bestseller in Australia and has been published in translation in Italy and Poland.
Glover presents the radio show Drive from Monday to Friday, 3pm to 6 pm on 702 ABC Sydney. He joined 702 ABC Sydney in January 1996, taking over the Drive segment from Mike Carlton. In 2004 he was awarded the Broadcaster of the Year Award for ABC local radio.
Glover's writing for the stage includes Lonestar Lemon, which has toured nationally with Genevieve Lemon, and A Christmas Story, which premiered at the Sydney Opera House Drama Theatre in December 1998, with Richard Wherrett directing.
Glover is also a journalist for the Sydney Morning Herald. His weekly humour column has appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald since 1985. He has also worked as that paper's news editor, arts editor and European correspondent.
A leaked document revealled Glover was the highest paid ABC broadcast in 2013, earning $290,000 per year.
- George Clooney's Haircut and Other Cries for Help (2013) (ISBN 9781460700303)
- Why Men are Necessary and Other News from Nowhere (2010) (ISBN 9780733329159)
- The Mud house: four friends, one block of land, no power tools (2009) (ISBN 9780732290290)
- The Joke Trap (2007) (ISBN 9780733320552
- Desperate Husbands (2005) (ISBN 0732282500)
- The dag's dictionary: a humorous book of words that should exist, but don't (2004) (ISBN 0733314368)
- The dirt experiment (2003) (ISBN 0733616208)
- In bed with Jocasta (2000) (ISBN 0732268648)
- Maps, dreams, history: race and representation in Aboriginal Australia (1998)
- The joy of blokes: a survivor's guide to the men in your life, how to meet them, how to love them, how to eat their cooking (1994) (with Angela Webber) (ISBN 1863737529)
- Laughing stock: one man's battle with sex, work and a son called Batboy (1993) (ISBN 1863735658)
- The P-plate parent (1992) (with Angela Webber) (ISBN 1863731989)
- Grin and bear it: a survivor's guide to marriage, kids, family holidays, home renovations, the English and other horrors (1990) (ISBN 0731801814)
- "ABC Local Radio Awards winners 2004". Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Richard Glover: Saxton". Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Richard Glover Comment". WA Today. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "The World's Longest Interview Makes Guiness (sic) Book 2013". ABC. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Leaked document shows ABC stars' salaries". News Corp Australia. 20 November 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Leser, David. The two of us: Debra Oswald & Richard Glover Sydney Morning Herald Good Weekend – 13 December 1997 p. 12
- Sydney Morning Herald column
- ABC 702 Drive program
- ABC profile
- A Cure for Saggy Breast? – Glover's contribution to an A Current Affair story. (Video link available)
- Official Website