This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elected||Royal Designer for Industry, 2005|
Richard Hollis (born 1934) is a British graphic designer. He has taught at various art schools, written books, and worked as a printer, as a magazine editor and as a print-production manager.
Back in the UK he designed the quarterly journal Modern Poetry In Translation, became the art editor of the weekly magazine New Society and later created John Berger’s Ways of Seeing  He designed the visual identity and marketing material for the Whitechapel Art Gallery in London. He also co-founded the School of Design at West of England College of Art.
His Graphic Design. A Concise History was published in 2001, and Swiss Graphic Design: The Origins and Growth of an International Style, 1920-1965 in 2006. Hollis's body of work consistently suggests a strong connection between graphic design and the cultural and social conditions that inspire it.
In 2005 he was made one of the two hundred Royal Designers for Industry of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
- Christopher Wilson (Spring 2006). Richard Hollis: Interview by Christopher Wilson. London: Eye Magazine (59). Archived 6 August 2012.
- Poynor, Rick (2004). Communicate: Independent British Graphic Design since the Sixties. London: Laurence King Publishing. ISBN 978-1-85669-422-3.
- Berger, John; Sven Blomberg; Chris Fox; Richard Hollis (1972). Ways of Seeing. London: British Broadcasting Corporation and Penguin Books. ISBN 0-563-12244-7. (BBC). ISBN 0-14-021631-6. ISBN 0-14-013515-4 (pbk).
- Drucker, Johanna (2009). "Philip Meggs and Richard Hollis: Models of Graphic Design History". Design and Culture. 1 (1).
- Hollis, Richard (2001). Graphic Design. A Concise History. London: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 978-0-500-20347-7. ISBN 0-500-20347-4.
- Hollis, Richard (2006). Swiss Graphic Design: The Origins and Growth of an International Style, 1920-1965. London: Laurence King Publishing. ISBN 978-1-85669-487-2.
- Current Royal Designers: Updated: May 2008. Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce. Archived 30 September 2008.
- Richard Hollis | Design Works
- Richard Hollis Archive: University of Brighton Design Archives
- Swiss Graphic Design | A discussion | Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
|This biographical article about a graphic designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|