Richard J. Haier
Richard J. Haier
|Alma mater||Johns Hopkins University|
|Institutions||University of California, Irvine|
Haier is currently a Professor Emeritus in the Pediatric Neurology Division of the School of Medicine at University of California, Irvine. He has a Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins University. He is also the editor-in-chief of the journal Intelligence since 2016.
In 1994, he was one of 52 signatories on "Mainstream Science on Intelligence," an editorial written by the American psychologist Linda Gottfredson and published in the Wall Street Journal, which summarized findings from intelligence research, especially as they related to issues raised in The Bell Curve.
- Haier, Richard J. (2016-12-28). The neuroscience of intelligence. New York, NY. ISBN 978-1107461437. OCLC 951742581.
- Haier, RJ; White, NS; Alkire, MT (2003). "Individual differences in general intelligence correlate to brain function during non- reasoning tasks". Intelligence. 31 (5): 429–441. doi:10.1016/s0160-2896(03)00025-4.
- Head, E; Lott, IT; Hof, PR; Su, JH; Kim, R; Haier, RJ; Cotman, CW (2003). "Parallel Compensatory and Pathological Events Associated with Tau Pathology in Middle Aged Individuals with Down Syndrome". Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 62 (9): 917–926. doi:10.1093/jnen/62.9.917.
- White, NS; Alkire, MT; Haier, RJ (2003). "A voxel-based morphometric study of non-demented adults with Down syndrome". NeuroImage. 20 (1): 393–403. doi:10.1016/s1053-8119(03)00273-8. PMID 14527599.
- Haier, RJ; Alkire, MT; White, NS; Uncapher, M; Lott, IT; Head, E; Cotman, CW (2003). "Temporal cortex hyper-metabolism in Down syndrome prior to the onset of dementia". Neurology. 61 (12): 1673–1679. doi:10.1212/01.wnl.0000098935.36984.25.
- Alkire, MT; White, NS; Hsieh, R; Haier, RJ (2004). "Functional MRI brain mapping of painful throbbing 5-Hz electrical stimulus intensity responses". Anesthesiology. 100 (4): 939–46. doi:10.1097/00000542-200404000-00026. PMID 15087631.