Richard Kadrey is a San Francisco-based novelist, freelance writer, and photographer.
Richard Kadrey was born on August 27, 1957 in New York, New York.
Sandman Slim series
The first Sandman Slim novel was published in 2009. It is one of 13 books listed on Barnes & Noble’s “Best Paranormal Fantasy Novels of the Last Decade”. The stories' main character, James "Sandman Slim" Stark, escapes from Hell to take his revenge on the people that killed his lover. He wanders a dark Los Angeles haunted by vampires and demons. After 11 years of combat as a gladiator against demons in Hell, he is more than prepared to fight back.
The second Sandman Slim novel, Kill the Dead, was released in October 2010. On October 18, 2011, the third installment of the Sandman Slim series was released, titled Aloha from Hell. "Devil in the Dollhouse: A Sandman Slim Story," was published as an eBook July 31, 2012. The fourth novel, Devil Said Bang, was released August 28, 2012. This book was the first of three new books in the Sandman Slim series; it will take place exactly 112 days after the end of Aloha from Hell. The fifth book in the series is called Kill City Blues and was published on July 30, 2013. In an essay written for Upcoming4.me, Kadrey revealed that the sixth book in the series would be called The Getaway God and it was published in summer 2014. The seventh book, Killing Pretty, was released in July 2015. The eighth book, The Perdition Score, was released in June 2016. The ninth book, The Kill Society, was released in June 2017. Hollywood dead” , 10th book in the sandman slim series, bring stark back to earth in a desperate attempt to stay there. available 2018.
Metrophage, first published in 1988, is a cyberpunk novel set in a dystopic future where technology replaces morality. It has been referred to in reviews as "one of the quintessential 1980s cyberpunk novels".
On October 29, 2013, Kadrey released Dead Set, a novel dealing with an uninvited presence that has entered dreams of Zoe and her lost brother Valentine.
"Carbon Copy: Meet the First Human Clone"
Kadrey's non-fiction books as a writer and/or editor include The Catalog of Tomorrow (2002), From Myst to Riven (1997), The Covert Culture Sourcebook and its sequel (1993 and 1994).
Kadrey hosted a live interview show on HotWired in the 1990s called Covert Culture. He was an editor at print magazines Shift and Future Sex, and at online magazines Signum and Stim. He has published articles about art, culture and technology in publications including Wired, Omni, Mondo 2000, the San Francisco Chronicle, SF Weekly, Ear, Artforum, ArtByte, Bookforum, World Art, Whole Earth Review, Reflex, Science Fiction Eye, Street Tech, and Interzone.
Sandman Slim series
- Sandman Slim (2009)
- Kill The Dead (2010)
- Aloha from Hell (2011)
- "Devil in the Dollhouse: A Sandman Slim Story" (eBook, 2012)
- Devil Said Bang (2012)
- Kill City Blues (2013)
- The Getaway God (Aug 26, 2014)
- Killing Pretty (July 28, 2015)
- The Perdition Score (June 28, 2016)
- The Kill Society (June 6, 2017)
- Hollywood Dead (August 28, 2018)
- The Everything Box (2016)
- The Wrong Dead Guy (2017)
- Metrophage (1988)
- Kamikaze L'Amour: A Novel of the Future (1995)
- Butcher Bird: A Novel of the Dominion (2007)
- Dead Set (2013)
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Fiction: Sunday, September 16th 2012". nytimes.com. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "Richard Kadrey - Kill City Blues cover art and synopsis". Archived from the original on 2014-03-30.
- "Story Behind Kill City Blues by Richard Kadrey". Archived from the original on 2013-08-30.
- "Richard Kadrey - Dead Set cover art and synopsis reveal". Archived from the original on 2013-05-04.