Richard Katz (politician)
|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 39th district
December 1, 1980 - November 30, 1996
|Preceded by||J. Robert Hayes|
|Succeeded by||Tony Cárdenas|
|Born||August 16, 1950|
Los Angeles, California
Post Assembly Career
An ally of Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, he was Villaraigosa's public appointee to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority board and Metrolink board chair. Although he supported City Controller Wendy Greuel's candidacy for mayor in 2013, Katz was appointed to the city planning commission by the successful candidate, Mayor Eric Garcetti.
- "Join California - Richard Katz". joincalifornia.com.
- Our Choices in the April 13 L.A. City Election
- Breaking away? L.A.'s coming vote on independence for the valley
- Zahniser, David (September 30, 2013). "Garcetti puts two major Wendy Greuel supporters on planning panel". Los Angeles Times.
- "Commissioner Biographies". California Coastal Commission. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- Governor's Appointments (PDF). Vol. 1, B–C (January 2011 ed.). California Governor's Office. pp. 66–71.
- "California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV) Applauds Appointment of Wendy Mitchell to the California Coastal Commission" (Press release). California League of Conservation Voters. January 1, 2011. Retrieved 2013-10-01.