|Education||University of Mannheim (Ph.D., 1995)|
|Occupation||Economist and professor for business administration, transport and logistics at the University of Applied Sciences, Worms|
He studied at the University of Mannheim and the Toronto School of Business. After earning his Ph.D. in 1995 he worked for the German Lufthansa AG. Following this he was professor at Trier University of Applied Sciences for nine years. Klophaus was visiting professor at the Center for Transportation Studies of the University of British Columbia, Vancouver and was offered professorships in Trier (2000), Worms (2006, rejected) and Saarbrücken (2009, rejected). Since 2009 he is professor for business administration, transport and logistics at the University of Applied Sciences Worms tourism/transport department. In addition to his professorship he is board member and spokesman for the Zentrums für Recht und Wirtschaft des Luftverkehrs (ZFL) (Center for law and economy for air transport).
Klophaus works on economic and business administrative issues concerning air transport.
He is a member of the editorial boards of "International Journal of Revenue Management", of the Deutschen Verkehrswissenschaftlichen Gesellschaft (DVWG), of the German Aviation Research Society (G.A.R.S.), of the "Aktionsgemeinschaft luft- und raumfahrtorientierter Unternehmen in Deutschland (ALROUND)", of the "Arbeitsgruppe Flugplatzkonversion des Landes Rheinland-Pfalz", of the Air Transport Research Society (ATRS), of the World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS), he is partner of the "Interessengemeinschaft der Regionalflughäfen (IDRF)", as well as Fellow of the Network for Aviation Research and Policy in the Netherlands (Airneth).
He is married and has three children.
- "Richard Klophaus Vita". Hochschule Worms. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "publication list". Hochschule Worms. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "International Journal of Revenue Management". Inderscience Publishers. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "DVWG". Deutsche Verkehrswissenschaftliche Gesellschaft. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "G.A.R.S." German Aviation Research Society. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "ALROUND". Aktionsgemeinschaft luft- und raumfahrtorientierter Unternehmen in Deutschland. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "IDRF". Interessengemeinschaft der regionalen Flugplätze. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Literature by and about Richard Klophaus in the German National Library catalogue
- Official website University of Applied Sciences, Worms
- Publication liste at the Official website University of Applied Sciences, Worms
|This article about a German academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|