Richard L. Jantz Stadium
|Former names||Sonner Stadium|
|Construction cost||$4 Million (U.S.) |
|Southwestern College Moundbuilders|
Richard L. Jantz Stadium (formerly "Sonner Stadium") is a sport stadium in Winfield, Kansas, United States. The facility is primarily used by the Southwestern College Moundbuilders football and track & field teams. The grass field is named "Art Kahler Field" from prominent Southwestern alum Art Kahler and the surrounding track is named "Monypenny Track" in honor of alum William Monypenny.
In January 2009, the school announced plans for a major renovation, including changing the name from "Sonner Stadium" to "Richard L. Jantz Stadium". The renovations are expected to attract better student-athletes and bigger events to Winfield. The final Southwestern football game was played before the renovations on November 7, 2009 with a victory over Tabor.
- The Salina Journal "KCAC Notebook" by Bob Davidson, August 7, 2010
- Southwestern College-Sonner Stadium Facts
- Sunflower Bowl annual records
- KCAC Sports "Southwestern College To Renovate Sonner Stadium" January 5, 2009
- The Winfield Courier "Builders close out Sonner Stadium with 23-20 win" By JOEY FALKOFF, November 11, 2009
- Visual Tour of Sonner Stadium