Richard La Ruina
|Richard La Ruina|
|Born||Richard La Ruina
7 July 1980
|Other names||Gambler, Richard Gambler|
|Known for||Pickup artist, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, author|
Richard La Ruina is a London-based entrepreneur, author and dating coach.
La Ruina was born in London of Italian descent and raised in Cambridge where he describes his childhood as being academically and socially problematic. At school, La Ruina was bullied and changed schools because of it, but the problem continued. He describes himself as having developed a talent for the stock market at age 18, where he used his life savings successfully to earn himself a comfortable sum of money. He claims that it was here that he acquired the nickname Gambler.
By his own admission, La Ruina was unsuccessful with women throughout his early life, by age 21 he had never kissed a woman. Fueled by desperation and the fear of being alone for the rest of his life, La Ruina visited London's bars and clubs to meet women. It was at this time where he met other pick-up artists. La Ruina viewed pick-up artists such as Erik von Markovik a.k.a. Mystery as great role models but they only provided him with an attitude and not a complete structure for meeting women. This set La Ruina on the path of producing his own method of seducing women.
In 2007 La Ruina set up his own company, PUA Training and trainers were used from his company on a Channel 4 documentary, First Cut: The Rules of Seduction which documented the training of men in seducing women. The show was aired in the UK on 7 December 2007 and viewed by 2.5 million viewers. Since then he has been featured as an expert and trainer on Undercover Princes on The BBC, Best Friend's Rehab on Fiver, Super Dragueurs: La Communaute Secrete Des Pick-Up Artist on Canal+, The Fine Art of Seduction on VPRO in The Netherlands and is set to feature in the film We Need to Talk About Kieran.
La Ruina has been called "Britain's No 1 superstar chat-up artist" by The Times newspaper. He is consulted as an expert in a wide variety of media, from tips for Women in Cosmopolitan to seduction tips in FHM La Ruina released his book titled The Natural Art of Seduction: Secrets of Success with women.
La Ruina emphasises the importance of not using scripted lines or routines to attract women. He aims for a more natural approach, arguing that men must become their best selves to maintain attraction after the routines. He believes there is a structure to attraction, but that rigid procedural approaches to attraction should be avoided.
Training and products
His company teaches weekend bootcamps in the UK, Italy, Brazil and United States. The company has also released DVD and digital download products. His products incorporate some of his developments in the pick up artist field including The Three Characters of a Seduction, Stealth Attraction, and the Lifestyle Seduction model.
- The Natural Art of Seduction: Secrets of Success With Women (2007) ISBN 978-1-906015-13-8
- The Natural: How to Effortlessly Attract the Women You Want (2012) ISBN 978-0-06-208978-6
- "La Ruina interview on Attraction Chronicles". Attraction-chronicles.blogspot.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- Sarah O'Meara: "From teenage geek to Casanova", CEN News, 14 November 2007
- "Master Casanova", GMTV, 27 November 2007
- Gambler's History
- Retna Wooller: "Lessons in love at the cupid clinic", thelondonpaper, 4 July 2007
- "Bad chat-ups get the red card", Metro (UK), 29 July 2007
- "The Rules of Seduction" (Press release). PR Web Press Release Newswire. 3 December 2007. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "prweb" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "First Cut: The Rules of Seduction" Archived 5 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "BBC, First Cut: Undercover Princes, Episode 2". BBC. 20 April 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Canal+, Super Dragueurs" Archived 12 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "NPO Sales / Documentary / Society- Culture / The Fine art of Seduction". Nposales.com. 8 October 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "IMDB, We Need to Talk About Kieran"
- Беларусь глазами лондонского пикапера: "Проблема белорусских мужчин в том, что здесь живет слишком много красивых женщин" // Tut.By (in Russian)
- Британский миллионер угадывает цены топовых новостроек Минска // realt.by (in Russian)
- "The Resistible Rise of Britain's no 1 chat up artist" 10 July 2008
- "Playboy van het jaar: Richard La Ruina, van übernerd tot grootste verleider van Europa – Humo: The Wild Site". Humo.be. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "A good sex etiquette put on a condom" 30 July 2008
- "How to get any woman you want". FHM. 25 August 2009. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Books, Courses and Coaching by Richard La Ruina (Gambler)". Retrieved 13 November 2013
- Simone Baird: "Learn how to seduce", Time Out
- "Pick Up Schmuck", The Scotsman
- " The Natural Art of Seduction", Cliffs List