Richard Maury (third from left) with railway workers in Salta.
Richard Fontaine Maury
December 18, 1882
Philadelphia, United States
|Died||July 10, 1950 (aged 67)|
|Spouse(s)||Carmen Rosa Pauna|
|Children||Ricardo Juan Maury|
|Parent(s)||Thompson Brooke Maury (father)|
|Bust of Richard Maury at Campo Quijano station (Panoramio)|
Richard Fontaine Maury (Philadelphia, 18 December 1882 – Córdoba, 10 July 1950) was an American railway engineer and naturalized Argentine. He became known for the project of the Argentine "Ramal C-14" of the Ferrocarril General Manuel Belgrano and the touristic Tren a las Nubes.
Richard Maury was born in Philadelphia in 1882, as the second of four brothers. He was the son of Thompson Brooke Maury. He graduated from Virginia Military Institute as an engineer in 1902. His first work was on the Pennsylvania Tunnel New York City-New Jersey.
On July 12, 1928, he was appointed honorary professor at the National University of Tucumán, where he also published,
Richard Maury died in Córdoba in 1950 and, since 1957, his remains are buried at the foot of a monument dedicated to him in the station of Campo Quijano, a town near Salta in the Salta–Antofagasta railway. A little village and its station, part of this line and originally named "Damián M. Torino", were renamed "Ingeniero Maury" (Engineer Maury) after him.
- Rail transport in Argentina
- History of Argentina
- Tren a las Nubes
- Transandine Railway
- Salta–Antofagasta railway
- Richard F. Maury: "Manual para el trazado de ferrocarriles". National University of Tucumán, 1929 - 312 pages
- Brief biography and genealogy of Richard Maury
- Brief genealogy of Carmen Rosa Pauna
- Brief genealogy of Ricardo Juan Maury
- Brief genealogy of Thompson Brooke Maury
- (in Spanish) Biography of Richard Maury
- Manual para el trazado de ferrocarriles on Google Books
- Bust of Richard Maury and monolith Archived 2013-07-15 at the Wayback Machine on Panoramio
- Salta-Socompa: 1948 timetable
- (in Spanish) Ingeniero Maury page on Salta Province website
- Route of the Tren a las Nubes
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richard Maury.|