Richard McGregor (born 1958) is a journalist, writer and author. He has worked as a journalist in Taiwan, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne, and was the chief political correspondent, Japan correspondent and China correspondent for The Australian. He also worked for the International Herald Tribune, the BBC and the Far Eastern Economic Review, and is the former bureau chief for the Financial Times. McGregor wrote The Party: The Secret World of China's Communist Rulers, published by Allen Lane from Penguin Press in the UK and HarperCollins in the US in June 2010.
McGregor was born in Sydney, Australia. He lived in London, and moved to Washington DC, in 2011, to be the Financial Times bureau chief. He appeared on the Charlie Rose show on 18 January 2011 to discuss the Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to Washington D.C.
- "Financial Times appoints Richard McGregor Washington Bureau Chief". Financial Times. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- Maura Elizabeth Cunningham (25 June 2010). "The China Beat · An Interview with Richard McGregor, Author of The Party". www.thechinabeat.org. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "The Party, The Secret World of China's Communist Rulers by Richard McGregor". www.penguin.co.uk. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- McGregor, Richard. "The Party - Richard McGregor - Hardcover". HarperCollins US. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Richard McGregor". HarperCollins US.
- "Richard McGregor". www.huffingtonpost.com.
- "Financial Times Names Richard McGregor Washington Bureau Chief". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Charlie Rose - Richard McGregor". charlierose.com. 18 Jan 2011. Archived from the original on 24 Jan 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "SOPA Awards". www.sopasia.com.