Richard Moore (journalist)
|Born||1973 (age 45–46)|
Richard Moore (born 1973) is a Scottish journalist, author, and former racing cyclist. He represented Great Britain at the Tour of Langkawi and Scotland at the PruTour and the 1998 Commonwealth Games, where he competed in the road race and the time trial.
He is one of the most established cycling journalists around today. Moore has contributed to Rouleur Magazine, Scotland on Sunday, The Herald, Sunday Herald, The Guardian, Sunday Times, and The Scotsman.
His first book was a biography of the cyclist Robert Millar; In Search of Robert Millar won the "Best Biography" category at the 2008 British Sports Book Awards. His second book, Heroes, Villains & Velodromes: Chris Hoy and Britain's Track Cycling Revolution, was published in June 2008.
He is also the author of Slaying the Badger: LeMond, Hinault and the Greatest Ever Tour de France (Yellow Jersey, 2011) and Sky's the Limit: British Cycling's Quest to Conquer the Tour de France (HarperSport, 2011).
His next book,The Dirtiest Race in History: Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis and the Seoul Olympic 100m Final (Wisden Sports Writing), was published in June 2012 and long-listed for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year.
Moore's most recent book is Étape: The Untold Stories of the Tour de France's Defining Stages (HarperCollins, 2014).
- In Search of Robert Millar, HarperCollins, September 2007, ISBN 978-0-00-723501-8
- Heroes, Villains & Velodromes: Chris Hoy and Britain's Track Cycling Revolution, HarperCollins, June 2008, ISBN 978-0-00-726531-2
- Sky's the Limit: British Cycling's Quest to Conquer the Tour de France, HarperCollins, June 2011, ISBN 978-0-00-734183-2
- Slaying the Badger: LeMond, Hinault and the Greatest Ever Tour de France, Yellow Jersey, May 2011, ISBN 978-0-224-08290-7, ISBN 978-1-934030-87-5
- Tour de France 100: A Photographic History of the World's Greatest Race, VeloPress, June 2013, ISBN 978-1-937715-06-9
- Étape: 20 Great Stages from the Modern Tour de France, VeloPress, June 2014, ISBN 978-1-937715-30-4
- The Dirtiest Race in History: Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis and the Seoul Olympic 100m Final, Wisden Sports Writing, June 2012, ISBN 978-1-4081-3595-2
- "Athlete Search: Richard Moore". The Commonwealth Games Federation. Archived from the original on 12 September 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- Gordan Cameron (4 August 2008). "PEZ-Clusive: Meet Author Richard Moore". PezCycling News. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- "Richard Moore - writer". Rouleur. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- "Richard Moore". Jenny Brown Associates. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- "Richard Moore". The Scotsman. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- "Prior winners". British Sports Book Awards. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
Alex Nelson (27 December 2017). "The 20 best podcasts of 2017". iNews. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
From discussions on recent newsworthy stories – like Chris Froome’s recent salbutamol case – to interviews with the stars of the cycling world, this podcast sheds light on a sport that is often overlooked.
- Ben East (5 March 2018). "THE CYCLING PODCAST BY RICHARD MOORE, LIONEL BIRNIE & DANIEL FRIEBE". Bibliovelo. Retrieved 23 April 2019.