Richard Oliver Gross
Gross sculpted the following works:
- The figure of Endeavour on the Auckland Grammar School war memorial, Auckland.
- The figure of Sacrifice on the Cambridge war memorial.
- The lion at the base of the Dunedin cenotaph.
- The fountain at the National War Memorial carillon, Wellington.
- The bronze frieze around the Havelock North memorial.
- The stone frieze on the Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland.
- Elements on the Wellington cenotaph including the two panels of a call-to-arms relief and the equestrian figure on top, the ‘Will to Peace’. After the Second World War Gross added the bronze lions to the cenotaph.
- The Athlete and The Swan on the Domain gates, Auckland.
- The marble memorial to the Labour leader Harry Holland, in the Bolton Street cemetery, Wellington.
- Davis memorial fountain at Mission Bay, Auckland.
- The bronze Maori chief for the One Tree Hill memorial, Auckland.
- The figure of love and justice for the memorial to Michael Joseph Savage at Bastion Point, Auckland.
|This article about a New Zealand artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|