Richard Oribe in 2016
Richard Oribe is a Spanish Paralympic swimmer born in San Sebastian the 22nd of February in 1974. He started swimming very soon as a treatment for his congenital mental disability. He is one of the most awarded Spanish athletes of all time.
In 2007, he competed at the IDM German Open.
He won a silver medal in the 100 metres freestyle — S4 event at the 2008 Paralympics, and at the 2012 Paralympics won a silver medal in the same event and a bronze in the 200 metres freestyle — S4.
|World Championship||Mar del Plata||2002||4|
|World Championship||New Zealand||1998||5|
- "Primer oro y tres bronces mĂĄs para EspaĂąa, debuta la tinerfeĂąa Michelle Alonso" (in Spanish). Spain: Diario de Avisos. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Oribe, Richard". IPC. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaften im Schwimmen" (in German). Berlin, Germany: Paralympischer Sport Club Berlin.
- "World and Paralympic records flood the Water Cube". China.org.cn. 7 September 2008. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Men's 100m Freestyle — S4". london2012.com. London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. Archived from the original on 31 March 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Men's 200m Freestyle — S4". london2012.com. London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. Archived from the original on 31 March 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Frecuencia Digital Debutan el Atletismo y La Roja de Fútbol 5 en los Parlímpicos" (in Spanish). Frecuenciadigital.es. Archived from the original on 23 December 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2013.