Richard Quinn (American football)
Before a game in Denver in November, 2009.
|No. 81, 80, 89|
|Date of birth:||September 6, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Maple Heights, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||264 lb (120 kg)|
|High school:||Maple Heights (OH)|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 64|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Richard Emanuel Quinn, Jr. (born September 6, 1986) is a former American football tight end in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of North Carolina.
Quinn was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the second round (64th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. On July 23, 2009, Quinn signed a four-year contract with injury protection guarantee. His first reception was in week 15 of the 2010 NFL season from rookie quarterback Tim Tebow in a 39-23 loss against the Oakland Raiders. Quinn was waived/injured on August 22, 2011, and after clearing waivers, was placed on injured reserve on August 23. He was released with an injury settlement on August 26. He ended his Bronco career with 1 reception for 9 yards.
On December 13, 2011, Richard Quinn was signed to the Washington Redskins' 53-man active roster. Quinn played only one game with the Redskins in Week 15 against the New York Giants of the 2011 season.
Quinn signed with the Arizona Cardinals in August 2013 and was released on August 30, 2013.
New Orleans Saints
- "Redskins Sign TE Richard Quinn, Place NT Chris Baker on Injured Reserve". MyFOXDC.com. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- Redskins Release DE Darrion Scott And TE Richard Quinn
- Bengals sign TE Richard Quinn, put Kyle Cook on Injured Reserve
- Hobson, Geoff (August 25, 2013). "Bengals cut six to get to 81". Bengals.com. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- Keim, John (December 31, 2013). "Redskins sign seven players". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Jones, Mike. "Redskins part ways with Adam Carriker, Sav Rocca, three others". Washington Post. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Triplett, Mike (August 11, 2014). "Saints place TE Richard Quinn on retired list". espn.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • Pro-Football-Reference
- North Carolina Tar Heels bio