Richard Quinn (designer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1990 (age 28–29)|
|Education||Central Saint Martins|
Richard Quinn (born 1990) is a fashion and print designer based in London.
Born in Lewisham hospital and raised in Eltham south east London, Quinn studied on the BA Fashion Print course at Central Saint Martins graduating in 2014. Richard attended St.Marys RC Primary school, St. Thomas Moore Secondary school in Eltham and Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar school. Quinn is the youngest of five children to parents Eileen and Patrick Quinn.
In 2016 his graduate collection won the H&M Design Award, including a €50,000 cash prize, and he developed pieces from his winning collection that were later sold in selected H&M stores in Autumn 2017.The collection proved a hit selling out in store and online.
In April 2017 he was named as the British Fashion Council's NEWGEN one-to-watch and was awarded exhibition space in the LFW Designer Showrooms.
Later in the year he was awarded full NEWGEN sponsorship for the following season to enable him to show at London Fashion Week.
On February 20, 2018, Queen Elizabeth II attended Quinn's Autumn/Winter 2018 runway show at London Fashion Week. This marked the first time that the Queen had attended a commercial runway show. After the show finished, Caroline Rush, Chief Executive of the British Fashion Council introduced the Queen who presented Quinn with the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design.
On May 7, 2018 Amal Clooney, wife of actor George Clooney, created a stir when she chose to wear a Quinn design to the Met Gala in New York' Metropolitan Museum of Art, instead of a gown designed by Tom Ford's fashion team, which was the original plan. Clooney's choice helped bring Quinn to the attention of the international fashion world.
Winner of the 2018 British Emerging Talent Women's Wear at the Fashion Awards.
He earned the first Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design in February, 2018.
- Team, 1 Granary. "Richard Quinn: Creator of Cracked Couture | 1 Granary". 1granary.com. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- Conlon, Scarlett. "Meet H&M's Design Award Winner". Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- Edelson, Sharon (2017-09-19). "Richard Quinn's Bouquet for H&M". WWD. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "BFC Names NEWGEN 17/18 – Wonderland". Wonderland. 2017-04-11. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- Johnston, Flora Macdonald (2018-03-30). "Why Richard Quinn got the royal treatment". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "Who's Richard Quinn and why was the Queen at his London Fashion Week show?". The Sun. 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "Meet royally-approved rising star Richard Quinn". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- Pietromarchi, Virginia (2018-05-16). "Amal Clooney 'upsets' designer Tom Ford with Met Gala outfit swap". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- CNN, Jessica Bompus (2018-12-18). "The budding designer who lured the Queen to fashion week". CNN Style. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- Gowans-Eglinton, Charlie (2018-05-29). "From Queen Elizabeth to the great British high street: Richard Quinn launches a collection with Debenhams". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- Seth, Radhika. "Richard Quinn's Studio Is Spearheading A Sustainable Revolution". Retrieved 2018-09-03.