Richard Quinn (jockey)
Life and career
After leaving Bannockburn Secondary School in 1977, aged 15, he moved to York to work as a stable lad. This career led to Quinn moving to work for Paul Cole in Lambourn for 17 years (1981-1998). After some years as a freelance jockey, he joined Henry Cecil in Newmarket (2000-2004). Quinn has raced with owners Prince Fahd bin Salman (1990-1991) and John L. Dunlop. Among other victories, Quinn has achieved 26 victories at Goodwood Racecourse. He briefly retired in 2006, only to return to racing early the next year.
Quinn now lives in Great Shefford.
- 1987 - Derby Italiano (riding Zaizoom)
- 1990 - Irish St. Leger (riding Ibn Bey)
- 1990 - Irish Oaks (riding Knight's Baroness)
- 1990 - St. Leger Stakes (riding Snurge)
- 1994 - Derby Italiano (riding Time Star)
- 1994 - Goodwood Cup (riding Tioman Island)
- 2000 - Epsom Oaks (riding Love Divine)
- 2000 - St. Leger Stakes (riding Millenary)
- 2001 - Goodwood Cup (riding Persian Punch)
|This biographical article relating to sport in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British horse racing biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|