Richard Rose (political scientist)
Richard Rose (born 8 or 9 April 1933 in St Louis, Missouri) is an American political scientist who is currently Director of the Centre for the Study of Public Policy and Professor of Politics at the University of Strathclyde, Scotland. He studied as an undergraduate at Johns Hopkins University and completed his PhD at the University of Oxford. He has conducted research on a wide range of topics, including the Northern Ireland conflict, EU enlargement, democratisation, elections and voting, and policy transfer. He was formerly Professor of Politics at the University of Strathclyde, a position he held from 1966 to 2005, and Lecturer in Government at the University of Manchester, from 1961 to 1966.
Rose was made a Foreign Member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters in 1985, Honorary Vice President of the Political Studies Association in 1986, a Fellow of the British Academy in 1992, an Honorary Foreign Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1994, and a Fellow of the Academy of Learned Societies for the Social Sciences in 2000. In 2000, he was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Political Studies Association. There is also a PSA award named after him, the Richard Rose Prize, which is awarded annually to scholar under 40 years of age making a distinctive contribution to the study of British politics. Rose was awarded an honorary doctorate by Örebro University, Sweden, in 2005. He was awarded the Lasswell Lifetime Achievement Award, named after Harold Lasswell, by the Policy Studies Organization in 1999.
- Fullarton, Donald (18 November 2013). "Prof marks 80th birthday with new books". Helensburgh Heritage Trust. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Richard ROSE". People of Today. Debrett's. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Professor Richard Rose". Centre for the Study of Public Policy, University of Aberdeen. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- "Accolade for the best in political studies". British Academy. 2000-11-21. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- "Richard Rose Prize 2008". Political Studies Association. Archived from the original on 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- Homepage at the School of Social Science, University of Aberdeen
- Homepage at the Centre for the Study of Public Policy, University of Aberdeen
- Learning About Politics in Time and Space, Richard Rose's autobiography, ECPR Press, November 2013
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|