Rycroft in 2010
Rycroft first started his acting career in 2001. He has appeared in several British drama television series, including: EastEnders, Casualty, Holby City and Doctors. He also featured in the films The Turn and Bridget Jones's Baby. In August 2007, he started stand-up comedy, and was a finalist in the 2010 Laughing Horse new act of the year competition.
In 2016, he joined the cast of Game of Thrones, appearing in the sixth, seventh and eighth seasons as Maester Wolkan. His other work includes parts in the television series Wolf Hall, Secret Smile, Not Going Out and Apple Tree Yard. In 2017, he lent his voice to the Fighting Fantasy audio dramas, in which he voiced the character Throm.
|2005||Heatwave||Brian Lancashire||(TV Movie)|
|2015||In Memory||Mr. Michaels (voice)||(Short)|
|2016||Bridget Jones's Baby||Election Official|
|2002–2005||Casualty||Thomas Banks / Barry||3 episodes|
|2003||EastEnders||Mr. Broughton||1 episode|
|2005||Doctors||Reg Peacock||1 episode|
|2005||Secret Smile||Brendan's Lawyer||1 episode|
|2009||Holby City||Dennis Johnson||1 episode|
|2014||Not Going Out||Dougal||1 episode|
|2015||Wolf Hall||Speaker of the House||1 episode|
|2015||Drunk History||Boss 2 / Albert's friend||2 episodes|
|2015||Mr Selfridge||Shareholder||1 episode|
|2015||Charity Starts at Home||John||4 episodes|
|2016–2019||Game of Thrones||Maester Wolkan||12 episodes|
|2017||Apple Tree Yard||MP||1 episode|
|2018||The Self-Tapers||Gerald Dorrington||1 episode|
- Smith, Dominic (May 27, 2011). "Milky Drink Kids, Laughing Horse @ The Temple, Hove, May 29&30". The Argus. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- "Richard Rycroft, comedian tour dates". Chortle. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "Richard Rycroft - Laughing Horse Comedy Performer Listings". Laughing Horse. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Quinn, Joseph (October 9, 2016). "Two new British actors have joined the Game of Thrones cast". Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- "#watchersOTthewall #Irishthrones #Belfast These are a few more sightings of many!! Care to work out what the plot might be hehe??". Twitter. October 3, 2016. Archived from the original on February 3, 2017. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- Shepherd, Jack (October 5, 2016). "Game of Thrones season 7: Bolton ally spotted in Winterfell". The Independent. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- "Fighting Fantasy Audio Dramas presents 4 new dramas based on the original works by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone". Fighting Fantasy Audio Dramas. Retrieved November 27, 2018.