This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dr Richard Slaughter|
|Education||Lancaster University, PhD. futures studies,1982|
|Subject||Futures studies, journalism, Integral perspective, social innovation|
|Literary movement||Futures studies|
|Notable works||Director at Foresight International
Foundation professor at Foresight International
published 20 books on futures studies
Richard Slaughter is a scholar and writer in the field of futures studies, applied foresight and social innovation. He is the co-director of Foresight International, and has guest edited the journals Futures and foresight. His work has centred on developing the theory and practice of futures in education; the transition from empirical to critical futures work; bringing Integral theory into futures, and working with others to stimulate effective responses to what he regards as a "global emergency" created, in part, by the confluence of peak oil and global warming.
Founded in 1999 at the Swinburne University of Technology, the Australian Foresight Institute was designed as a specialized research and post-graduate teaching unit. A research program on Creating and Sustaining Social Foresight was funded and supported by the Pratt Foundation and produced a series of monographs.
The institute was disestablished in 2005, with the teaching program subsumed into Swinburne University of Technology's Faculty of Business and Enterprise, with the new name of The Strategic Foresight Program.
- Birds in Bermuda. Bermuda Bookstores Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda: ix + 158pp (1975) With photographs by the author.
- Recovering the Future. Grad. School of Environ. Science, Monash University, Melbourne: iv + 189 pp (1988) ISBN 0-86746-667-7
- Studying the Future, Bicentennial Futures Education Project. Commission For the Future, Melbourne: xiv + 82 pp (1989) ISBN 0-642-14281-5
- "Futures and integral futures". Foresight. 1975-04-15. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Guest editorial from: foresight, Volume 11, Issue 5". foresight. Emerald. 1975-04-15. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Ten Foresight Monographs". richardslaughter.com.au. 2013-08-25. Retrieved 2013-12-20.