Richard Wigglesworth (rugby union)
|Birth name||Richard Eric Wigglesworth|
|Date of birth||9 June 1983|
|Place of birth||Blackpool, Lancashire, England|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (13 st 3 lb) |
|School||Kirkham Grammar School|
|Rugby union career|
He married Lindsay Jane Fitzgerald in July 2009 and they now have a daughter, Matilda, and son, Freddie. Lindsay is a qualified dentist and graduated from Liverpool University's BDS course in 2007.
He was named in the starting line-up for England in the 2008 RBS Six Nations Championship match against France in Paris. Sale coach Philippe Saint-Andre says he is confident that England newcomer Wigglesworth has the mentality required for international rugby. On 23 February 2008, he scored a 79th minute try to help England to a 24–13 win in Paris.
- "RFU Official Site of the RFU, Governing Body of Rugby Union in England". web page. RFU. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Sale 45-20 Leicester". BBC. 27 May 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Sale's Wigglesworth joins Sarries". BBC News. 2010-01-26.
- "Vainikolo named in England squad". BBC. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "Vainikolo – named in England squad". Sportinglife. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "England add Wigglesworth to squad". BBC. 2007-08-06. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "Wigglesworth handed England call". BBC. 2008-02-19. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
- "Wigglesworth 'right for England'". BBC. 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
|This English rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|