|Full name||Richard John Vernon|
|Date of birth||7 July 1987|
|Place of birth||Dundee, Scotland|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb) |
|School||High School of Dundee|
|University||University of Edinburgh|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union career
He started his pro career at the Border Reivers until they disbanded in 2007. His contract was then move to Glasgow where he would breakthrough into the team playing mainly at No. 8 or openside flanker.
With the establishment of the "Killer B's" as the first choice back row at Glasgow, he left the Warriors in 2011 for Sale Sharks, signing a two-year deal with hopes for more gametime to develop his game and enhance his prospects for more caps with Scotland.
At the end of 2013 he returned to Glasgow. However, he struggled to tie down a regular starting place in the back row due to injuries form and also stiff competition within the squad. This led to an unusual conversion in position to centre  following discussions with Warriors head coach Gregor Townsend and Scotland coach Scott Johnson, who hope to more readily use his 6-foot, 5-inch frame and evident pace.
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby - Sale Sharks - Richie Vernon profile". web page. Premier Rugby. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Scotland back-rower Richie Vernon to return to Glasgow". BBC Sport. 26 February 2013.
- "BBC Sport - Rugby Union - Richie Vernon signs two-year Sale deal from Glasgow".
- "Scotland back-rower Richie Vernon to return to Glasgow". 26 February 2013 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Richie Vernon hopes switch to centre pays off".
- "Scotland 7s (Richie Vernon) - Scottish Rugby Union".
- "Cool Scots douse Fiji flames". Scottish Rugby. 2009-11-14. Retrieved 2010-03-09.