Richland Township, Allen County, Ohio
|Richland Township, Allen County, Ohio|
Cornfields along Interstate 75
Location of Richland Township, Allen County, Ohio.
|• Total||41.9 sq mi (108.6 km2)|
|• Land||41.7 sq mi (107.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||827 ft (252 m)|
|• Density||151/sq mi (58.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085698|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Riley Township, Putnam County - north
- Union Township, Hancock County - northeast
- Orange Township, Hancock County - east
- Liberty Township, Hardin County - southeast corner
- Jackson Township - south
- Bath Township - southwest corner
- Monroe Township - west
- Pleasant Township, Putnam County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Richland township, Allen County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.