Richland Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
|Richland Township, Guernsey County, Ohio|
Fields on Salem Road, just south of Leatherwood Creek
Location of Richland Township in Guernsey County
|• Total||29.0 sq mi (75.2 km2)|
|• Land||28.0 sq mi (72.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.1 sq mi (2.9 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||75/sq mi (28.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086189|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Wills Township - north
- Millwood Township - northeast
- Wayne Township, Noble County - east
- Seneca Township, Noble County - southeast corner
- Buffalo Township, Noble County - south
- Valley Township - southwest
- Jackson Township - west
- Center Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Richland township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Richland township, Richland township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Me.: DeLorme. 1991. pp. 71, 72. ISBN 0-89933-233-1.
- Sarchet, Cyrus Parkinson Beatty (1911). History of Guernsey County, Ohio, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Company. p. 306.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.