Richland Township, Holmes County, Ohio
|Richland Township, Holmes County, Ohio|
Location of Richland Township in Holmes County
|• Total||37.36 sq mi (96.76 km2)|
|• Land||37.27 sq mi (96.52 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.24 km2)|
|Elevation||1,106 ft (337 m)|
|• Density||34/sq mi (13.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086336|
Richland Township is one of the fourteen townships of Holmes County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 1,284, up from 1,165 at the 2000 census. In 2010, 1,012 of the population lived in the unincorporated portion of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Knox Township - north
- Monroe Township - northeast
- Killbuck Township - east
- Monroe Township, Coshocton County - southeast
- Tiverton Township, Coshocton County - south
- Union Township, Knox County - southwest
- Jefferson Township, Knox County - northwest
The village of Glenmont is located in northern Richland Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Richland township, Holmes County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.