Richlands railway station
Richlands in 2018.
|Location||Progress Road, Richlands|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Station code||600325 (Platform 1)
600326 (Platform 2)
|Fare zone||go card 2|
|Opened||17 January 2011|
Richlands opened on 17 January 2011 as the terminus of what was then the Richlands Line. The line has since been extended to Springfield Central.
Construction and opening
The station was due to open on 23 January 2011 with no services due to scheduled maintenance works on the Ipswich line, but due to the Queensland floods the opening was brought forward to 17 January 2011 in order to assist with the recovery efforts. On 2 December 2013, the line was extended to Springfield Central.
Richlands is served by trains operating to and from Springfield Central. Most city-bound services run to Kippa-Ring, with some morning peak trains terminating at Bowen Hills. Mid-afternoon services on weekdays run to Caboolture, with one morning and afternoon peak service to Nambour. Three trains on Sunday morning also travel to these destinations; two to Caboolture and one to Nambour. On Monday to Thursday afternoons, there is one Doomben train (this time slot is replaced by a Bowen Hills train on Fridays). Richlands is nine minutes from Springfield Central and 32 minutes from Central.
Services by platform
|1||Springfield||Springfield Central||All outbound services|
|2||Springfield||Kippa-Ring||Bowen Hills to Northgate, stopping at Eagle Junction||Most off-peak services and some on-peak services|
|Bowen Hills||Weekday morning peak services (plus one afternoon service on Fridays) only|
|Caboolture and Nambour||Weekdays: Bowen Hills to Petrie, stopping at Eagle Junction and Northgate||Afternoon services (plus one morning peak service to Nambour)|
|Weekends: Northgate to Petrie||Three Sunday morning services|
|Doomben||One afternoon service on Monday to Thursday only|
- Tony Moore (11 October 2012). "Bikeway axed for Centenary Motorway widening". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- Hurst, Daniel (6 January 2011). "The train station with no trains". Brisbane Times.
- "$800 million project offers transport choices" (Press release). Queensland Government. 1 July 2008.
- "New train station to open early". Brisbane Times. 16 January 2011.
- Kieran Banks (2 December 2013). "Fast track to growth: Springfield train line is opened". The Queensland Times.
- "Richlands-Springfield Central railway opens" Railway Digest January 2014 pages 34-39
- "Springfield Line Timetable (Effective 23 January 2017)" (PDF).
- "Platform 1 timetable".
- "Redcliffe Peninsula Line Timetable (Effective 23 January 2017)" (PDF).
- "Platform 2 timetable".
- "Sunshine Coast Line Timetable (Effective 23 January 2017)" (PDF).