Richmond Heights, Saskatoon
Richmond Heights Welcome
|Suburban Development Area||Lawson Suburban Development Area|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward 1)|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|• Average Income||$57,275|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
Richmond Heights, adjacent to the South Saskatchewan River, features walking trails in the Meewasin Valley. G.D. Archibald Park North hosts baseball and soccer games. Luther Heights is a Luther care community for those aged 60 and over. In 2006, 73.5% of the residents owned their own home. The average home size was 2.3 residents.Statistics c2006 -  According to MLS data, the average sale price of a home as of 2013 was $362,063.
Within the Lawson Suburban Development Area (West Side), the neighbourhood of Richmond Heights is bordered on the North by Circle Drive. Warman Road lies to the west side. To the south is Hazen Street, and finally the eastern perimeter is the geophysical boundary of the South Saskatchewan River upon which G.D. Archibald Park North is found.
The crescents / avenues are fashioned around Archibald Park West. The roads have been mainly named with a royal connection:
- Rupert Drive
- Richmond Crescent, Place (North, South)
- Eddy Place, Street
- Alexandra Avenue
- Noble Crescent
- Prince of Wales Avenue
- Empire Avenue
No schools are part of this neighbourhood. In the 1970s, Richmond Heights School served kids in the neighbourhood before closing in the mid-1980s due to declining enrolment. The building is now the Luther Senior's Centre with a senior's condo complex to the east on the old playground site. Students were then transferred over to North Park School
There are some amenities within the neighbourhood such as New Red Lantern Inn in a strip mall located on Alexandra Avenue.
- G.D. Archibald Park North (N) 8.40
- hosts a wading pool, playground and many baseball and soccer games.
- G.D. Archibald Park West (N) 2.60
Spadina Crescent provides scenic transportation between the Central Business District and communities to the north which are part of the Lawson SDA. Warman Road is a main access road between Central Business District and the North West Industrial SDA which bypasses Richmond Heights with limited arterial access into the neighbourhood.
Richmond Heights is serviced by City Transit Bus Routes Saskatoon Transit.
The North Park / Richmond Heights Community Association has amalgamated to provide community services for the Saskatoon area between 33rd Street East and Circle Drive utilizing facilities available at North Park-Wilson, River Heights, and St. Paul Schools.
- Luther Heights (Seniors' Directory- Saskatoon Public Library) URL accessed April 2, 2007
- Richmond Heights URL accessed April 2, 2007
- "Richmond Heights". Saskatoon Realty. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Selling an Idea or a Product Archived September 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. URL accessed January 27, 2007
- Populace Spring 2006 Archived December 1, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. URL accessed April 2, 2007
- Meewasin URL accessed April 2, 2007
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Community ... URL accessed April 1, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richmond Heights, Saskatoon.|
- Local Area Planning
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- Populace Spring 2006
- Saskatoon Neighbourhoods Word Search Puzzle
- Map of Facilities, Park Sites, and Trails located in the city's ...
||North Industrial||River Heights|
|Kelsey/Woodlawn||South Saskatchewan River
U of S Management Area