Richmond Hill Centre Terminal
|Location||8675 Yonge Street,
Richmond Hill, Ontario
|Owned by||York Region Transit|
|Connections||Langstaff GO Station|
|Parking||200 parking spaces.|
|Bicycle facilities||3 racks|
|Station code||GO Transit: RHCT|
|Opened||September 4, 2005|
- For the performing arts centre, see Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts.
Richmond Hill Centre Terminal is a York Region Transit, Viva, and GO Transit bus terminal located at 8675 Yonge Street. It was built near the ramp that connects Highway 7 and Yonge Street in Richmond Hill, Ontario, and opened on September 4, 2005. It is immediately west of the Langstaff GO train station, but is separated by the train tracks. A pedestrian bridge over the tracks was opened in March 2008 to connect the bus terminal and the train station. Public washrooms were added to the terminal in December 2012.
All routes are YRT unless indicated otherwise.
- Platform 1: Viva Purple eastbound, Viva Pink eastbound
- Platform 2: Viva Purple westbound
- Platform 3: Viva Blue southbound, Viva Pink southbound
- Platform 4: Viva Blue northbound
- Platform 5: 1 Highway 7, 91B Bayview, 760 Vaughan Mills/Wonderland, Mobility Plus
- Platform 6: 83 Trench, 87 Autumn Hill
- Platform 7: 99 Yonge southbound
- Platform 8: 86 Newkirk-Red Maple, 99 Yonge northbound
- Platform 9: GO Transit westbound 51-52-54: 407 East
- Platform 10: GO Transit 40: Hamilton/Richmond Hill via Pearson Airport Express
- Platform 11: GO Transit eastbound 51-52-54: 407 East
As of April 26, 2008, GO Transit commenced Airport Express GO Bus service directly from this terminal to Toronto Pearson International Airport, providing one arrival and departure in each of 22 hours a day, 7 days a week. Travel time is approximately 20 minutes. In 2011, GO Transit has moved all bus services (except route 61 Richmond Hill) from Langstaff GO Station to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal. Passengers using the GO Transit bus to Pearson Airport should check with York Region Transit before parking overnight in the parking lot.
There are no sidewalks for pedestrian access to this terminal.
Subway extension proposal
Under the MoveOntario 2020 plan, the Yonge subway line will extend north from Finch Station to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal. This future station will be in need of maintenance in order for it to utilize a subway under it. In a 2012 concept design report, the subway station was located in a north-south orientation underneath the cinema and Hightech Road, with three options for integration with a bus terminal and the Langstaff GO station.
- York Regional Transit facilities Archived January 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- YRT/Viva Bike Rack Locations
- Table 52: 407 East GO Bus Schedule Archived December 10, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- Table 40: Hamilton/Richmond Hill GO Bus Schedule Archived December 10, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- McCormick Ransom Corporation and Hatch Mott MacDonald (March 2012). "Yonge subway extension conceptual design services, Contract Y85-9: Conceptual Design Report" (PDF). Retrieved 24 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal.|