Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts
|Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts|
|Location||10268 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario
|Construction started||October 5, 2006|
|Inaugurated||February 28, 2009|
|Design and construction|
The Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts is a 43,000-square-foot (4,000 m2) multi-use cultural facility on 1.5 acres (6,100 m2) of land directly on Yonge Street in Richmond Hill's downtown core, at the corner of Yonge and Wright Streets.
The Town of Richmond Hill Council approved the site of the Richmond Hill Centre for Performing Arts at the former site of the old Town Hall in September 2003. The centre was designed by Jack Diamond and his firm Diamond and Schmitt Architects . The 30 million dollar construction project was the largest ever undertaken by the town. The centre integrated the fully restored Richmond Hill High School (circa 1897), which houses the Centre's administrative offices and a commercial space (Covernotes Tea and Coffee House) 
The Centre is to host:
- Main Auditorium, seating 631 guests, the largest seating capacity of any theatre in York Region.
- The 150-seat Rehearsal Hall with a flexible configuration for interactive presentations, dinner theatre, award ceremonies and corporate events.
- Lobby Galleries to display an array of visual arts.
- Outdoor Piazza perfect to exhibit large-scale art and to bring productions and presentations in the open air (alfresco).
- Multi-purpose rooms for meetings, classrooms etc.
- Restored Heritage Building which will house the Centre’s administrative offices on the second floor while future commercial and/or retail spaces are being considered for the ground level.
In addition, the theatre is the largest of its kind in York Region with a full hydraulic orchestra pit. 
The theatre has implemented a new 2013/2014 educational series. The educational series will offer new programs including a new Educational Outreach Program. There will be four theatre education categories including guest artists in the classroom and pre-show workshops. Other educational programs that the theatre will offer includes musical theatre classes, glee club, and acting training. 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts.|
- Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts - The official web site
- Raise the Curtain Campaign
- Latest news on the project
- Theatre Webcam Still Images from the construction site
- Groundbreaking ceremony