Richmond Hill GO Station
|Location||6 Newkirk Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Station building with public washroom and waiting room|
|Station code||GO Transit: RHGO|
|Opened||May 1, 1978|
Richmond Hill GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. It was the northern terminus of the Richmond Hill line train service from the services inception in 1982 until the opening of Gormley GO Station on 5 December 2016.
Out of the all the Richmond Hill line stations, this is the only station that has a reduced length platform (accommodating only up to an L8 consist, a trainset consisting of eight Bombardier BiLevel Coaches and at least one locomotive. Beginning in the spring of 2015, the platform was scheduled to be extended to allow 12-car trains. A pedestrian bridge over Major Mackenzie Drive and a new station building will also be constructed. The train layover facility in Richmond Hill was opened in 2014.
The original Richmond Hill railway station was a single storey clapboard building, located on the north side of Centre Street East, just a short distance north of the current station. Built in 1906 by the James Bay Railway the station was closed by Canadian National Railway in 1968 and the building was relocated in 1979 to Richmond Green, at Elgin Mills Road and Leslie Street, to serve as a clubhouse for local minor soccer teams.
York Region Transit:
- 4 Major Mackenzie
- 25 Major Mackenzie East
- 82 Valleymede
- 86 Newkirk-Red Maple
- 240 Mill Pond GO Shuttle
- 241 Beverly Acres GO Shuttle
- 242 North Richvale GO Shuttle
- 243 Redstone GO Shuttle
- "Modernizing Stations – Richmond Hill GO Station". GO Transit. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- Ministry of Transportation (December 1, 2014). "New GO Train Station on the Way for York Region". Newsroom. Ontario. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
Construction of a new GO Station in Gormley is underway, extending the Richmond Hill line north to Stouffville Road.
- Robert M. Stamp (July 1991). "Rails through Richmond Hill: The Belated Arrival of the Age of Steam". Early Days in Richmond Hill. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- 61 Richmond Hill GO Train and Bus Schedule
- Media related to Richmond Hill GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Richmond Hill GO Station