Richmond Town Square
The mall's food court
|Location||Richmond Heights, Ohio|
|Address||691 Richmond Road|
|Developer||Edward J. DeBartolo|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||75+|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||1,017,000|
|No. of floors||1 (2 in Sears)|
Richmond Town Square, is a super regional shopping mall known locally as 'Richmond' or 'Richmond Mall,' located in Richmond Heights, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, at the intersection of Richmond Road and Wilson Mills Road.
Opened in 1966 as Richmond Mall by developer Edward J. DeBartolo, Sr., it was renovated, expanded, and renamed in 1999. This renovation took advantage of new and emerging technologies "in materials, as well as architectural and decorative innovations" The total cost of the renovation was reported as US$100 million.
In January 2015, it was announced the Macy's store was closing as part of a plan to close 14 of its stores nationwide. As of mid March 2015, the Macy's store was shuttered, with all exterior signage removed.
The Richmond Town Square Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library opened in the mall in 1988. Originally housed in a freestanding boutique kiosk, the branch showed significant circulation growth. The kiosk was forced to close in August 1998 due to a major renovation of the mall but the branch library reopened in September 1999 in a 1,200-square-foot (110 m2) location by the northeast mall entrance, next to Sears. The Cuyahoga County Public Library has now, as of 2009, relocated to a nearby business plaza, off of Wilson Mills Road. The plaza is next to the mall.
- "Randall Park revived; Optimism returns to mall now near full occupancy". Crain's Cleveland Business. 2000-07-03.
- "Richmond plans don't affect Mall". The Mansfield News-Herald. 1963-11-02.
DeBartolo Mall developer Leahy says the new store in Richmond Heights will be built at the northeast corner of Richmond and Wilson Mills roads. A 70-acre (280,000 m2) shopping center to be known as the Richmond Mall is planned for that corner.
- "Innovations slash cost of renovations". Shopping Centers Today. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- O'Connor, Clint (2008-01-24). "Regal Cinemas Mayfield Heights 10 is closing". Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Strauss, Gary (January 8, 2015). "J.C. Penney, Macy's to shut stores, lay off scores". USA Today (Gannett). Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "About Richmond Town Square Branch". Cuyahoga County Public Library. Retrieved 2008-09-27.