|Established||1852 (Postal village)|
|Changed Municipality||1998 Toronto from Etobicoke|
|• MP||Borys Wrzesnewskyj (Etobicoke Centre)|
|• MPP||Yvan Baker (Etobicoke Centre)|
|• Councillor||John Campbell (Ward 4 Etobicoke Centre)|
Richview is a neighbourhood in the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the area of Etobicoke. It is bounded on the west by Highway 401 and on the north by the highway and by Dixon Road, Royal York Road on the east, and Eglinton Avenue West along the south. It encompasses the former post office of "Richview" which was merged into the then-borough of Etobicoke.
The neighbourhood (also known as 'Willowridge-Martingrove-Richview') is predominantly residential, with middle class incomes. The largest ethnic group is Italian at 4,920 out of 21,570. There are no large commercial areas in the neighbourhood. Local plazas are located at the intersections of the main streets.
Housing in the neighbourhood primarily consists of single-family homes. The street patterns are organized in a similar way to many post-World War II suburbs, with winding roads and cul-de-sacs. High density townhouse and apartment blocks are located close to the major arterial roads of Eglinton Ave, Martingrove Road, Kipling Avenue, and Royal York Road.
Along the southern boundary is Eglinton Avenue West, a major six-lane arterial roadway. North-south roads include Royal York Road, Martin Grove Road, Islington Avenue and Kipling Avenue, all large four-lane arterial roads.
There are several small neighbourhoods within Richview. Willowridge covers the triangle at the far west of the neighbourhood west of Martin Grove. The Westway, also known as St. Phillip's is a community that covers the northeast portion of Richview, east of Kipling and north of The Westway. Martin Grove Gardens is the area bounded by Kipling, The Westway, Martin Grove, and Dixon.
- All Saints Catholic School
- Dixon Grove Junior Middle School
- École élémentaire Félix-Leclerc
- Father Serra Catholic School
- Hilltop Middle School
- Parkfield Junior School
- St. Eugene Catholic School
- St. Marcellus Catholic School
- Transfiguration of Our Lord Catholic School
- Valleyfield Junior School
- Westway Junior School
- Central Etobicoke High School
- Kipling Collegiate Institute
- Martingrove Collegiate Institute
- Richview Collegiate Institute
- Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy
One part of the existing neighbourhood predates the suburbanization of the area. Richview began in 1852 when a post office called "Richview" opened in this area. Richview gave its name to the proposed Richview Expressway.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) runs a number of buses through the Richview community that connect commuters to Kipling, Islington and Royal York subway stations on the Bloor-Danforth line.
- Islington Avenue is served by the 37 and 311 Islington buses.
- Kipling Avenue is served by the 45 Kipling bus route.
- Martin Grove Road is served by the 46 Martin Grove bus.
- Royal York Road is served by the 73 Royal York bus.
The TTC also has bus service along Dixon Road, Eglinton Avenue West and the Westway. These bus routes connect people to Eglinton West and Lawrence West subway stations on the Yonge-University-Spadina line.
- Dixon Road is served by the 52 A, B and D Lawrence West bus routes.
- Eglinton Avenue is served by the 32 and 307 Eglinton West buses.
- The Westway is served by the 52G Lawrence West bus route.
Traveling by car is convenient, as highways 401, 427 and 409 are nearby. The proposed Eglinton West LRT extension will connect the neighbourhood to the Toronto Pearson Airport, as well as Midtown Toronto and Scarborough.
- Former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford
- Stephen Harper, 22nd and former Prime Minister of Canada (attended Richview Collegiate Institute)
- Richview Library (Etobicoke Central Branch)
- Richview Residence for Seniors
- Richview Reservoir
- 1500 Royal York Road Plaza
- Martingrove Plaza
- Richview Square
- Westway Centre
- Alex Marchetti Park
- Denfield Park
- Green Meadows Park
- LIon's Gate Park
- Martin Grove Gardens Park
- Redgrave Park
- Richview Park
- Silvercreek Park
- Stonehouse Park
- Valleyfield Park
- Westgrove Park
- Westway Park
- Widdicombe Hill Park
- Willowridge Park
- Wincott Park
- All Saints Catholic Church
- First Church of Christ, Scientist
- HIlltop Chapel
- Richview Baptist Church
- Royal York Baptist Church
- St. Matthias' Anglican Church
- St Wilfred Anglican Church
- Transfiguration of Our Lord Catholic Church
- Westway United Church
- Westway Christian Church