Richwood Township, Becker County, Minnesota
|Richwood Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Land||34.1 sq mi (88.3 km2)|
|• Water||1.9 sq mi (4.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,440 ft (439 m)|
|• Density||17.9/sq mi (6.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665419|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.0 square miles (93.2 km²), of which 34.1 square miles (88.3 km²) is land and 1.9 square miles (4.9 km²) (5.23%) is water.
- Bean Lake
- Buffalo Lake (west quarter)
- Cabbage Lake
- Campbell Lake
- Corn Lake
- Harding Lake
- Houg Lake
- Lake Kraut
- Pearson Lake
- Pork Lake
- Sands Lake
- Tomato Lake
- Callaway Township (north)
- Sugar Bush Township (northeast)
- Holmesville Township (east)
- Erie Township (southeast)
- Detroit Township (south)
- Audubon Township (southwest)
- Hamden Township (west)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Bakke Lutheran, Buffalo Lake, Lund, Richwood and Upsala.
As of the census of 2000, there were 610 people, 225 households, and 177 families residing in the township. The population density was 17.9 people per square mile (6.9/km²). There were 246 housing units at an average density of 7.2/sq mi (2.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 92.13% White, 0.82% African American, 3.93% Native American, 0.33% Pacific Islander, and 2.79% from two or more races.
There were 225 households out of which 33.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.1% were married couples living together, 2.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.3% were non-families. 16.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the township the population was spread out with 27.0% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 27.2% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 110.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 107.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $43,125, and the median income for a family was $47,083. Males had a median income of $29,125 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,149. About 7.5% of families and 14.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.9% of those under age 18 and 7.8% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Richwood Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 30.