Rick DeBruhl (born June 22, 1955) is an American auto racing and automobile auction commentator. His work is currently seen on Motor Trend Group. Previously he worked for ESPN, as well as the NBC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, personality and journalist. After growing up in Canoga Park and attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, DeBruhl worked in radio, before becoming a TV personality. DeBruhl worked as a sportscaster on ESPN for more than twenty years (1987–2018).
DeBruhl grew up in Canoga Park, California and graduated from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo with a degree in journalism. He later received a Master's in Journalism from the University of Missouri. He began his career at KATY Radio in San Luis Obispo, CA, then moved into television at KCOY-TV in Santa Maria, CA. He is married with two sons.
Rick DeBruhl currently covers the Barrett Jackson collector car auctions for the Motor Trend network. He previously worked as a pit reporter for ESPN most recently covering the IndyCar Series airing on ABC. He also worked as an American local television sportscaster, reporter and anchor, working with the NBC affiliate KPNX-TV from 1978 to 2009.
DeBruhl began his work with ESPN in 1987, after writing freelance articles for the Detroit-based publication Autoweek. Beginning in 1987 DeBruhl worked on coverage of various forms of racing including International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), Trans-Am Series, Formula One, Champ Car, off road, Superbike racing and NASCAR. He also previously hosted the Thursday Night Thunder anthology series. In 2002 he moved to Speed (TV channel) as the play-by-play voice for Formula One and began covering the Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auctions. He returned to ESPN in 2009 working on the Verizon IndyCar series as well as selected NASCAR Nationwide and American LeMans Series events.
DeBruhl has won numerous awards for reporting including three Rocky Mountain Emmy Awards. In 1998 he won the American Women (?) in Radio and Television Reporter of the Year (Arizona Chapter) for best reporting. In 2007 he was awarded by Arizona State University's Association of Multicultural Journalism for his contributions to consumer news reporting. DeBruhl was also inducted into the National Academy of Television Arts and Science's Silver Circle in 2001.
- "Rick DeBruhl". ESPN MediaZone. ESPN.
- "Rick DeBruhl to leave 12 News". AZCentral. AZ Central.
- "MotorTrend Takes Viewers Inside Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Like Never Before".
- "Rick DeBruhl". ESPN Media Zone. ESPN.
- "Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Event Returns For 11th Season with 39 Hours Live on Speed". The Free Library. Business Wire. 2008. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Rick DeBruhl - ESPN MediaZone". ESPN MediaZone. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "DeBruhl to head State Bar's PR". Society of Professional Journalists, Valley of the Sun Chapter.
- Bramlett-Solomon, Sharon. "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). cronkite.asu.edu. Arizona State University. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- "SILVER CIRCLE & GOLD CIRCLE". Rocky Mountain Emmys.