|Born||Richard Philip Edwards
20 May 1979
Enfield, London, England
|Spouse(s)||Emer Kenny (m. 2016)|
Richard Philip "Rick" Edwards (born 20 May 1979 in Enfield, London) is an English television presenter who works mainly for Channel 4, E4 and ITV2. Edwards presented T4 for four years, and has also presented Tool Academy, Freshly Squeezed, E4 Music and much of Channel 4's 2012 Paralympics coverage.
Edwards went to Portsmouth Grammar School. He later attended Pembroke College, Cambridge, studying mathematics originally before changing to natural sciences after his first year. He performed stand-up and sketch shows during his time at university.
Edwards hosted a Saturday evening radio show on XFM entitled The Weekender for several years, hosting his last show on 10 January 2009. He also formed part of the BBC presenting team for their coverage of the Reading and Leeds Festival. In 2011 Edwards began hosting E4's Tool Academy, a reality TV show about fed-up girlfriends who have enrolled their underperforming other halves in a school in which "tools become men". During the 2012 Paralympics, Edwards formed part of the Channel 4 commentary team as well as co-presenting That Paralympic Show with Ade Adepitan.
In December 2015, Edwards began hosting a radio podcast series for Radio Wolfgang called Science(ish), in which he and a group of experts investigate the merits of scientific elements in works of popular culture such as movies, television and literature.
In March 2016, Edwards landed the anchor role on Sky's DC Fancast alongside Beck Hill. He claims this is a true highlight of his career. In January 2017, Edwards began presenting !mpossible, a daytime BBC One quiz show.
Edwards stated in an interview with the Daily Mail that he has no sense of smell due to sniffing pure ammonia while in school. Edwards supported green organisation Global Cool in 2010 as part of their Traincation campaign, along with his friend George Lamb.
- Freshly Squeezed
- E4 Music
- London 2012 Paralympics on Channel 4 (2012) – commentator
- That Paralympic Show (2012) – co-presenter
- Tool Academy (2011) – presenter
- The Chalet Girl (2011) T4 presenter (cameo)
- Free Speech (2013–2015) – co-presenter
- Safeword (2015–present) –presenter
- DC Fancast (2016) – anchor
- !mpossible (2017–present) – presenter
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 March 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- "Interview: Rick Edwards". Cherwell. 23 November 2008.
- Dan Poole, "Interview: C4's ‘Freshly squeezed’ Rick Edwards", The Independent, 26 June 2008.
- "The real world: Rick Edwards TV and radio presenter", The Independent, 28 May 2008.
- "Channel 4 presenters: Rick Edwards". London 2012, C4 Paralympics.
- "Free Speech returning to BBC Three". 3 March 2015.
- "A twinterview with Rick Edwards".
- "Ich Bin Kentishtowner: Rick Edwards, Television Presenter", KentishTowner.
- "Rick Edwards: I've lost my sense of smell", Now Daily, 12 April 2009.
- "It's A Man's World: Rick Edwards", Daily Mail, 23 August 2008.
- "Rick and George's Traincation diary". Global Cool. UK: Global Cool Foundation. 29 March 2010. Archived from the original on 14 January 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Ex-EastEnders star Emer Kenny marries presenter Rick Edwards". 1 June 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.