Rick Fraser (politician)
|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Calgary-South East|
April 23, 2012 – April 16, 2019
|Preceded by||Riding established|
|Succeeded by||Matt Jones|
|Born||February 13, 1972|
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Political party||Alberta Party (2018–present)|
|Progressive Conservative (until 2017)|
United Conservative Party (2017)
|Alma mater||Lakeland College|
|Occupation||Paramedic, former hockey player|
Elected as a Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta MLA in 2012, Fraser initially joined the rest of the PC caucus in its merger with the Wildrose Party to form the United Conservative Party in 2017. He left the caucus on September 21, 2017 to sit as an Independent due to his dissatisfaction with the party's leadership contest and the emphasis put by candidates on spending cuts and austerity.
|2015 Alberta general election: Calgary-South East|
|Progressive Conservative||Rick Fraser||7,663||32.5|
|New Democratic||Mirical Macdonald||7,358||31.2|
|Green||Jordan Mac Isaac||374||1.6|
|Total valid votes||23,591||100.0|
|Rejected, spoiled and declined||168|
|Source: Elections Alberta|
|2012 Alberta general election: Calgary-South East|
|Progressive Conservative||Rick Fraser||7,162||48.57%|
|New Democratic||Marta Warszynski||474||3.21%|
- Alberta Election 2012: Riding-by-riding results Archived 2012-04-24 at the Wayback Machine
- "Edmonton Journal - Provincial Election Map". www.edmontonjournal.com. 2012-01-19.
- Wood, James; September 21, Calgary Herald Updated; 2017 (21 September 2017). "Rick Fraser, southeast Calgary MLA, leaves United Conservative caucus - Calgary Herald".
- Bellefontaine Posted, Michelle (January 8, 2018). "Calgary MLA Rick Fraser registers as Alberta Party leadership candidate". CBC News.
- "MLA Rick Fraser joins Alberta Party, launches bid to be leader" – via The Globe and Mail.
- "2015 Provincial General Election Results". Elections Alberta. Archived from the original on 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|