Rick Green (comedian)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rick Green, founder of TotallyADD
November 4, 1953
|Alma mater||University of Waterloo|
|Occupation||Actor, writer, comedian, satirist|
Richard "Rick" Green, adult ADD. He is most well known as co-creator of The Red Green Show, creator of History Bites and co-founder of comedy troupe The Frantics. Green also hosted Prisoners of Gravity on TVOntario.(born November 4, 1953) is a Canadian comedian, satirist, actor, writer, and advocate for awareness of
ADD/ADHD and advocacy
In 2001, Green was diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder, after one of his children was found to have it. In 2009 Green wrote and directed a documentary about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults, entitled ADD & Loving it?! The film, featuring fellow comedian Patrick McKenna, won a New York Festivals Silver Award and earned Green the CAMH Foundation Transforming Lives Award for 2009.
Awards and honours
On June 30, 2017, the Governor General of Canada announced Green's appointment as a Member of the Order of Canada for "his contributions to Canadian television as a comedian, actor and writer, and for his efforts to raise awareness and understanding of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)."
- Read, Nicholas (June 1, 1984). "Frankly, it's all getting a bit frantic". The Sun. Vancouver. p. B1. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- Skinner, Justin (November 28, 2009). "Frantic reunion promises big laughs". City Centre Mirror. Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- Goddard, John (May 12, 2009). "Comic turns attention to disorder". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on May 20, 2009.
- "The Team". TotallyADD.com. Archived from the original on June 27, 2012.
- General, The Office of the Secretary to the Governor. "The Governor General of Canada". Retrieved July 1, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rick Green (comedian).|