This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Richard (Rick) McCrank|
January 23, 1976|
|Other names||Rick, Crankers|
|Occupation||Professional skateboarder, business owner, TV host|
McCrank's first-ever skateboard deck sponsor was a small Canadian brand called Cherry Bombs. He then joined the first incarnation of Plan B Skateboards, when he was discovered by professional skateboarder, Colin McKay, after a brief period with Tony Hawk's Birdhouse company. He was assigned professional status by the company in the late 1990s. Following Plan B's hiatus, McCrank joined the Girl Distribution Company and became a team member of the Girl brand, where he remains in 2014.
McCrank designed several signature skate shoe models for the éS brand (on indefinite hiatus as of 2012), including the éS "Anti-Social" model. Following the announcement of the brand's hiatus, McCrank has been filmed wearing the Lakai brand.
The Lifetime lifestyle brand, based in California, U.S.—which emerged from the skateboarding and snowboarding subcultures—collaborated with McCrank on the "Mt. Pleasant" capsule collection in early 2014. McCrank is also a "Collective" member of the brand, alongside other skateboarders, snowboarders, artists, advocates, filmmakers, and designers.
McCrank has competed in various contests around the world throughout his career and attained one of the highest ever scores in a street skateboarding category, with a 99.67 at ESPN's 2000 grand prix event.
McCrank resides in Vancouver with his daughter, Kalea Connor McCrank-Ranger. On June 14, 2015, McCrank married Lee Dolan. In addition to his career, McCrank has also undertaken several acting roles, such as Harvey Spannos (2006) (television) and the film Machotaildrop (2009). Most recently, McCrank became host of the television series Abandoned, which premiered on the Viceland network in 2016.
- Sheep: Life of Leisure (1996)
- Church of Skatan: Santa Barbara (1996)
- Plan B: The Revolution (1997)
- Birdhouse: The End (1998)
- Transworld: The Reason (1999)
- 411VM: Brazilian Vacation (1999)
- The XYZ Video (1999)
- Powell: Bones Bearings Class Of 2000 (2000)
- éS: éSpecial
- Dwindle: Rodney Mullen vs Daewon Song Round 2 (1999)
- éS: Menikmati (2002)
- Girl: Harsh Euro Barge (2002)
- Girl: Yeah Right! (2003)
- Stereo: Way Out East (2004)
- FuelTV: Riding The Long White Cloud (2009)
- Girl/Chocolate: Pretty Sweet (2012)
- Viceland TV: Abandoned - Skateboarder Rick McCrank explores abandoned places with the people who love them long after the lights have gone out. (2016)
- Lucas Wisenthal (4 November 2014). "Rick McCrank's Favorite Vancouver Skaters". RIDE. Complex Media. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Team: Rick McCrank". Girl Skateboards. THE GIRL SKATEBOARD COMPANY, INC. 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Ride Channel (25 July 2013). "SKATE Vancouver with Rick McCrank" (Video upload). Ride Channel on YouTube. Google Inc. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Lifetime Collective". Lifetime. Lifetime. 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Rick McCrank Vegetarian Ad". peta2. PETA. 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- ESPN Action Sports: The Worldwide Leader In Action Sports - ESPN
- Shad Lambert (6 August 2001). "READERS – POLL BEST STREET SKATER RICK MCCRANK". Transworld Skateboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Rick McCrank
- "ABANDONED - VICELAND". VICELAND. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "On the Crail Couch with Rick McCrank, again" (video). Crailtap. 31 October 2011. Event occurs at 1:51. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Rick McCrank skate videos". SkatevideoSite.com. SkatevideoSite.com. 2005–2012. Retrieved 3 October 2012.