||This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Notable works||Biker Mice from Mars|
Richard "Rick" Ungar is a Hollywood writer and producer in television, particularly in the animation industry. He created and worked on Biker Mice From Mars, which began its first run in the United States and the United Kingdom in 1993.
Ungar became president of Marvel Productions in 1991, with added responsibility in December 1992, for New World Family Filmworks and New World Action Animation. In fall 1993, his Biker Mice From Mars, was launched in syndication then carried by UPN. After a short stint as Marvel Entertainment CEO, Ungar returned to oversee newly renamed New World Animation in November 1993. In August 1995, Ungar became president, first-run and animated programing of New World Entertainment.
Ungar in September 1998 was hired as chairman and CEO of Bohbot Kids Network. In November 1999, Ungar was hired by Marvel Enterprise as president of the Marvel Character Group, its IP and marketing group.
Ungar returned to producing by setting up Brentwood Television Funnies (BTF). Through Brentwood, he produced the all new Biker Mice From Mars, which launched in the UK and Finland in 2006 to great ratings and followed by Italy and the US in 2008. However, its high ratings were not long lasting, as it didn't live up to the original series from the 90s and fans reaction was mostly negative; in spite of that, the episode Here Come the Judge won a daytime Emmy award for the show and voice-over Jim Ward, who voiced all four faces of the Crusher.
In May 2010, Ungar was hired as head writer and executive producer for 41 Entertainment, Allen Bohbot’s new animation company.
- "Roll Over, Michelangelo, It's The Mice". Newsweek. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- Fowler, James E. (1994-08-19). "The locally conceived 'Biker Mice From Mars' series was seen in more than 50 countries. The stars make a live appearance Saturday.". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Rick Ungar, president of New World Animation since 1991". Broadcasting & Cable. August 28, 1995. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "New World forms two new kidvid banners". Variety. December 8, 1992. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "New World Expands TV Program Activities". Los Angeles Times. December 9, 1992. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Biker Mice return to GMTV". C21 Media. May 22, 2005. Retrieved January 21, 2016.
- Freeman, Mike (November 1, 1993). "New world of animation: former Marvel Entertainment chief Rick Ungar will head new division concentrating on original animated series, including upcoming 'Stealth Warriors.'". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Freeman, Michael (September 28, 1998). "Bohbot's 2000 Kids Tour". Mediaweek. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- "Marvel Enterprises, Inc. Announces Organizational Changes". Write News. November 1, 1999. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Biker Mice From Mars Roll Into FOX This Saturday". Animation Magazine. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Grant, Jules (July 5, 2010). "Ungar onboard Bohbot’s 41 Entertainment". C21Media. Retrieved May 2, 2014.