This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Richard Lee Zumwalt Jr.
September 24, 1951
|Died||March 19, 2003 (aged 51)|
|Occupation||Actor, Professional arm-wrestler|
Richard Lee Zumwalt Jr. (September 24, 1951 – March 19, 2003) was an American professional arm-wrestler and actor. He is known for playing the character of Bob "Bull" Hurley in the 1987 Sylvester Stallone movie Over the Top.
In addition to his role in Over the Top, Zumwalt appeared in several other films. In 1988, he had a small but memorable role fighting Sean Connery in a bar in The Presidio. In 1992, he played a tattooed strongman, one of the Penguin's henchmen, in the blockbuster Batman Returns.
In the mid-1990s, Zumwalt began appearing with the popular theatrical production Cirque du Soleil as a strongman.
Zumwalt became an alcoholic in his early thirties. Ten years later, he became an active member in a clean and sober fellowship and spent a great deal of time and effort in service to others suffering from substance abuse.
According to his former wife, he died in the morning of March 19, 2003 after suffering a major heart attack.
- Over the Top (1987) - Bob "Bull" Hurley
- Disorderlies (1987) - Huge Cop
- Penitentiary III (1987) - Joshua
- The Presidio (1988) - Bully in Bar
- The Big Turnaround (1988) - Turk
- Criminal Act (1989) - Tiny
- Liberty & Bash (1989) - Ace
- Rockula (1990) - Boom Boom
- Ragin' Cajun (1990) - Lou
- Perfect Strangers (1990)
- Missing Pieces (1991) - Mountain Man
- Prime Target (1991) - Potsy
- Under Surveillance (1991) - Doorman
- Batman Returns (1992) - Tattooed Strongman
- Father Hood (1993) - Burly Guy
- Full House (1993) - Leonard Schulz (Season 7, episode 11: "The Bicycle Thief")
- In Quiet Night (1998) - Prisoner
- I Love You, But (1998) - Coach Andrews
- Skippy (2001) - Biker with Bandana (final film role)
- Lacher, Irene (November 5, 1994). "The Strongman: Steel Arms, Warm Heart : Performance: Action-film actor Rick Zumwalt brings his feats of strength to Cirque du Soleil at the Santa Monica Pier". Los Angeles Times.
- Biography Brief biography
- Rick Zumwalt on IMDb
- Richard Lee "Rick" Zumwalt at Find a Grave
- TV Guide.com: Rick Zumwalt
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|