||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||September 24, 1951|
|Died||March 19, 2003
Desert Hot Springs, California
Richard "Rick" Lee Zumwalt, Jr. (September 24, 1951 – March 19, 2003) was an American professional multiple world champion arm-wrestler and actor. He is known for playing the character of Bob 'Bull' Hurley in the 1987 Sylvester Stallone movie, Over the Top.
Afterwards, he appeared in several movies in small roles, such as the 1988 film The Presidio and in 1990, he appeared in an episode of the TV series Night Court, and a small role in Batman Returns in 1992 as one of The Penguin's henchmen. He also co-starred as "Judge Mental" on the kids' gameshow Pictionary. In his later years, he became an active member in a clean and sober fellowship and spent a great deal of time and effort in service to others suffering from substance abuse.
According to his ex-wife, he died on the morning of March 19, 2003 after suffering a major heart attack.
- Lacher, Irene (November 5, 1994). "The Strongman: Steel Arms, Warm Heart : Performance: Action-film actor Rick Zumwalt brings his feats of strength to Cirque du Soleil at the Santa Monica Pier". Los Angeles Times.
- Biography Brief biography
- Rick Zumwalt at the Internet Movie Database
- Richard Lee "Rick" Zumwalt at Find a Grave
- TV Guide.com: Rick Zumwalt
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|