Richard Burdett CBE is professor of Urban Studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and the director of LSE Cities and the Urban Age project. His interests and activities focus on the interactions between the physical and social worlds of cities. Professor Burdett is a member of the Mayor of London's Cultural Leadership Board, is a member of Council of the Royal College of Art (RCA) in London and Trustee of the Norman Foster Foundation. He was the architectural adviser to the Mayor of London from 2001 to 2006 and Chief Adviser on Architecture and Urbanism for the London 2012 Olympics. He was a commissioner on the UK Government's Airports Commission., a member of the US Housing and Urban Development Hurricane Sandy Regional Planning and Design Competition and the Rockefeller Foundation's 100 Resilient Cities initiative. He leads LSE Cities, a global centre of research and teaching at the London School of Economics which was awarded a Queen's Anniversary Prize 2016-2018 for its work on training urban leaders and shaping cities of the future. At LSE, he founded and directs the Urban Age programme, an interdisciplinary investigation of global cities which brings together national and city leaders, academics, designers and civic actors. Burdett acts as a consultant to national and city governments, private developers and philanthropic agencies around the world. He was director of the 2006 Venice Architecture Biennale and curator of the Global Cities exhibition at Tate Modern in London, and is chairman of the Jury for the Mies Crown Hall Americas Prize 2016-2018. He is co-editor of "The Endless City" (2007), "Living in the Endless City" (2011), "Transforming Urban Economies" (2013), "The SAGE Handbook of the 21st Century City" (2017) and "Shaping Cities in an Urban Age" (2018).
- Shaping Cities in an Urban Age, co-editor 
- The SAGE Handbook of the 21st Century, co-editor, 2017
- Living in the Endless City, co-editor, 2011
- The Endless City, co-editor, 2007
- "Ricky Burdett biography". gov.uk.
- "The Endless City". Phaidon.
- "Living in the Endless City". Phaidon.
- "Transforming Urban Economies". Routlegde.
- "New Year's Honours list 2017 - Publications - GOV.UK". www.gov.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "The SAGE Handbook of the 21st Century City | SAGE Publications Inc". us.sagepub.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Living in the Endless City | Architecture | Phaidon Store". Phaidon. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- Moore, Rowan (2011-06-18). "Living in the Endless City, ed. Ricky Burdett and Deyan Sudjic; The New Blackwell Companion to the City, ed. Gary Bridge and Sophie Watson – review". The Observer. ISSN 0029-7712. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "The Endless City | General Non-fiction | Phaidon Store". Phaidon. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|