|Full name||Ricky John Henderson|
|Date of birth||11 September 1988|
|Original team(s)||Trentham (MCDFL)|
|Draft||Pick #10, 2008 Rookie Draft, Adelaide
Pick #82 (RP), 2010 National Draft, Adelaide
|Debut||Round 5, 2010, Adelaide
v. Western Bulldogs, at Etihad Stadium
|Height/Weight||188 cm (6 ft 2 in) / 91 kg (14 st 5 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2015 season.
Ricky John Henderson (born 11 September 1988) is a professional Australian rules football player who plays for the Adelaide Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). Henderson was Adelaide's first selection in the 2008 Rookie Draft, taken at pick #10.
At the time of his drafting, Henderson had played only three games of Australian rules football in the previous four years, having played basketball locally. Before being selected by Adelaide, Henderson supported Geelong.
Henderson made his debut for Adelaide in round 5, 2010 against the Western Bulldogs. He was injured in that game but returned to play twelve matches for the season, kicking 13 goals as a forward, and earned a promotion to the senior list for the next year. In 2011 he played predominantly on the wing, playing 18 games despite a hip injury late in the season, and impressing with his pace, goalkicking and ability to create turnovers. His best game was a 28-disposal, nine-mark effort against the Western Bulldogs in round 13.
In 2012 Henderson played 12 matches despite missing a period of the season with an ankle injury. He played mainly on the wing and in the backline, but kicked six goals in a win over Port Adelaide in round 15. He played 14 games in 2013, establishing himself in the Crows' side, particularly in defence, before a knee injury ended his season. Henderson was felled by a broken leg in the 2014 pre-season and missed several months, but recovered to play the last eight matches of the season, averaging 17 disposals.
- Statistics are correct to end of round 4, 2015.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Capel, Andrew (22 December 2008). "Whole new ball game for Crow Ricky Henderson". Herald Sun (Herald and Weekly Times Pty Ltd). Archived from the original on 6 July 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Get to know: Ricky Henderson". Official AFL Website of the Adelaide Football Club. 6 October 2009. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Ricky Henderson - AFC.com.au".
- "Ricky Henderson statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Ricky Henderson's profile on the official website of the Adelaide Football Club
- Ricky Henderson's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|