|Full name||Reneil St Aubin Sappleton|
|Date of birth||8 December 1989|
|Place of birth||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Centre back|
|Queens Park Rangers|
|2006–2007||Queens Park Rangers||0||(0)|
|2008||→ Bournemouth (loan)||3||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Oxford United (loan)||4||(1)|
|2009||→ AFC Telford United (loan)||7||(1)|
|2009||→ Macclesfield Town (loan)||11||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:36, 6 January 2018 (UTC)|
Sappleton came through the youth academy of his local club, Queens Park Rangers (QPR), where he had a successful youth career.
Before joining Leicester City, Sappleton had a trial with Liverpool, and also joined Middlesbrough on a two-week trial. He made his senior debut in a 2–1 home defeat to Southampton on 1 December.
On 12 August 2008, Sappleton joined Bournemouth on loan for a month, scoring on his debut in a 1–1 draw against Aldershot Town on 16 August. He secured a second loan move that season, joining Oxford United for a month on New Year's Eve. He again scored on his debut and made an assist in a 2–0 home win over Salisbury City on 1 January 2009. In March 2009 Sappleton joined Conference North club AFC Telford until the end of the season but did not secure a deal with the Midlands club.
On 29 January 2010, Sappleton joined Macclesfield on a free transfer signing an 18-month contract, having been released by mutual consent by Leicester the same day. In March 2010, Sappleton injured his knee requiring surgery that ruled him out for the rest of the 2009–10 League Two season at Macclesfield Town. In December 2010, Sappleton recovered from knee surgery and commenced regular squad training, he made only a few league appearances in the 2010–11 season. On 26 February 2011, Sappleton was sent off for a bad tackle which led to a mass brawl involving twenty-one of the twenty-two players on the pitch against Wycombe Wanderers having only been on for a matter of minutes. Sappleton was released at the end of the season.
He made his debut for Bishop's Stortford in the 4-1 win against Guiseley. On 3 August 2013, Sappleton joined Billericay Town as they sought to rebuild their squad for an attempt of promotion back to the Conference South.
He then joined Isthmian League Premier Division club Kingstonian in June 2015. Manager Tommy Williams said: "I'm delighted to have signed Ricky, he is a powerful forward that scores goals. Ricky has good quality and I'm really looking forward to working with him".
In 2016 Sappleton joined Isthmian League club VCD Athletic, before moving on to Billericay Town later that season. He returned to former club Kingstonian in the 2017 off-season, but joined Heybridge Swifts in October 2017. He went on to make 19 appearances for Heybridge, scoring two goals, before being released on the 19 January 2018. Manager Jody Brown said, "He’s a top guy, but never really got going and found the travelling for training and midweek games difficult."
Sappleton was included in the Jamaica squad during the CONCACAF U-20 Final Round in 2009, mainly due to a strong performance in two friendlies versus Canada U20s in Fort Lauderdale. Sappleton performed well during the 2009 CONCACAF U20 Final round in Tobago, although Jamaica did not reach the semi-finals.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 367. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Foxes win race to sign Sappleton, BBC Sport 2007-06-06. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Leicester 1–2 Southampton". BBC Sport. 1 December 2007. Retrieved 1 December 2007.
- "Cheeries land Sappleton on loan". BBC Sport. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2008.
- "Aldershot 1–1 Bournemouth". BBC Sport. 16 August 2008. Retrieved 17 August 2008.
- "Sappleton On The Move". Leicester City F.C. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- "Sappleton delight at debut goal". BBC Sport. 2 January 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2009.
- "Sappleton loan deal over at U's". BBC Sport. 30 January 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- "Sappleton On The Move to Telford". Leicester City F.C. 20 March 2009. Retrieved 20 March 2009.
- "Sappleton joins". www.MTFC.co.uk. Macclesfield Town F.C. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 28 August 2009.
- "Sappleton stays a Silkman". www.MTFC.co.uk. Maclesfield Town F.C. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Sappleton Released". www.LCFC.co.uk. Leicester City F.C. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- Ricky Sappleton at Soccerbase (Macclesfield Town stats not included)
- Reniel Sappleton at Soccerbase (Macclesfield Town stats only)