1 May 1955
|Occupation(s)||Actor, film director|
Ricky Tognazzi (born Riccardo Tognazzi; Italian pronunciation: [ˈriːki toɲˈɲattsi]; 1 May 1955) is an Italian actor and film director. He has appeared in 50 films and television shows since 1963. His film The Escort was entered into the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.
In 1991, he won the Silver Bear for Best Director at the 41st Berlin International Film Festival for his film Ultra. Five years later, his film Strangled Lives won the Alfred Bauer Prize at the 46th Berlin International Film Festival.
He is the son of film actor and director Ugo Tognazzi and the half-brother of actor Gianmarco Tognazzi and film director Maria Sole Tognazzi. In 2016, he appeared as an out-of touch variety show host in the music video for "Tutti Frutti" by English rock band New Order.
- I mostri (1963)
- Tragedy of a Ridiculous Man (1981)
- Petomaniac (1983)
- Aurora (1984)
- Colpo di fulmine (1985)
- I pompieri (1985)
- Fatto su misura (1985)
- The Family (1987)
- Caruso Pascoski, Son of a Pole (1988)
- Time to Kill (1989)
- A Season of Giants (1990)
- A Simple Story (1991)
- Sentimental Maniacs (1994)
- An Ordinary Hero (1995)
- Il cielo in una stanza (1999)
- Thomas (2001)
- The Best Day of My Life (2002)
- The Good Pope: Pope John XXIII (2003)
- In questo mondo di ladri (2004)
- Nine (2009)
- See You Tomorrow (2013)
- "Festival de Cannes: The Escort". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- "Berlinale: 1991 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- "Berlinale: 1996 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Kreps, Daniel (23 January 2016). "Watch New Order's Delirious 'Tutti Frutti' Video". rollingstone.com. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- Toaff, Alisa (11 March 2021). "Covid: Tognazzi, 'cinema non riaprono? manca volontà, per anima importanti come chiese'". OlbiaNotizie (in Italian). AdnKronos. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- Giordano, Lucio (30 July 2021). "Credo in Dio ma solo in TV, nella vita sono ateo". Dipiù (in Italian). No. 30. pp. 98–101.