1962 (age 58–59)
|Education||Sweyne School, Rayleigh, Essex|
|Occupation||Television Presenter and Salvager|
Rico Daniels is an English television presenter who has his own show, The Salvager on Discovery Real Time. A passionate recycler, the second series (similar in content to the first) saw him moving in France and was called Le Salvager.
Born in Basildon, Essex in 1962, Daniels was brought up in the town and left school at 15 to become a civil servant, but soon realised this was not for him and enrolled as an art student. Disliking the formal tuition Daniels embarked on a range of jobs before settling for the life of a market trader. In 2002 he was invited to screen test for a new programme about men and their sheds. While he was not quite suitable for this assignment, the producer liked his idiosyncratic style and commissioned him for a series of programmes showcasing his imaginative talent for changing something unwanted into a distinctive piece of furniture which was to become the show we know today as The Salvager name changed to Le Salvager when the presenter moved to France. After filming of the show.
The Salvager is occasionally aired on Quest.
- "Series Overview". Archived from the original on 2010-10-07. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- Education details
- Rico Daniels own web site
- Limelight profile
- "This was eventually to become Shedheads". Archived from the original on 2009-08-05. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- Alli, Zena (2005-09-11). "Junk.. to genius". Sunday Mirror.
|Wikinews has related news:|
- Hardie, Donna (2004-09-18). "The junk male; HE'S THE ANTI-LLEWELYN-BOWEN WHO MAKES FURNITURE FROM RUBBISH.. MEET THE SALVAGER". The Mirror.
|This biographical article related to English television people is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|