Huys ten Donck
Location in South Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Anny Attema (PvdA)|
|• Total||25.26 km2 (9.75 sq mi)|
|• Land||23.74 km2 (9.17 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.52 km2 (0.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||−1 m (−3 ft)|
|Population (August 2017)|
|• Density||1,927/km2 (4,990/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Area code||0180, 078(Oostendam)|
Ridderkerk ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a town and municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. The municipality had a population of 45,743 in 2017, and covers an area of 25.26 km2 (9.75 sq mi) of which 1.52 km2 (0.59 sq mi) is covered by water.
Ridderkerk has a museum, de oudheidkamer, about the history of the town.
The Centre of Ridderkerk has a central square for events and there is a theater.
- The bus services are mostly operated by RET and they go to Rotterdam, Barendrecht and Dordrecht. There are two Arriva bus services to Zwijndrecht and Hendrik Ido Ambacht.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Ridderkerk, June 2015
- "Burgemeester en wethouders" [Mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Ridderkerk. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 2981EA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ridderkerk.|
- Official website (in Dutch)
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|