(left) Riddhi Sen at Special screening of ‘Parched’
May 19, 1998|
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Alma mater||South Point School (India)|
Kaushik Sen (father) |
Reshmi Sen (mother)
Chitra Sen (grandmother) |
Shyamal Sen (grandfather)
Riddhi Sen (born 19 May 1998) is an Indian Bengali actor. He is a regular actor of the theatre group Swapnasandhani and is a student of South Point school, Kolkata. In 2010, he received a special talent award from his school for his achievements in the field of theatre. He won the National Film Award for Best Actor for the film Nagarkirtan.
Sen is the son of Bengali stage and film actor Kaushik Sen and dancer Reshmi Sen, and grandson of actress Chitra Sen and Shyamal Sen. Sen has acted on stage from an early age, with his grandmother saying "From a very tender age he is performing at ‘Prachya’, I remember carrying him through the crowds at the age of 3."
- Dushman No. 1 (directed by Suman Mukhopadhyay)
- 2010: Iti Mrinalini
- 2012: Kahaani. He played the role of Poltu, a chaiwala.
- 2013: Children of War
- 2014: Chirodini Tumi Je Amar 2
- 2015: Open Tee Bioscope
- 2015: Chauranga
- 2015: Load shedding directed by Soukarya Ghosal
- 2016: Chauranga
- 2016: Parched
- 2016: Lion
- 2017: Bhoomi
- 2017: Samantaral
- 2017: Nagarkirtan
- 2018: Helicopter Eela
- Dakghor (directed by Kaushik Sen)
- Banku Babur Bandhu 2006 (directed by Kaushik Sen)
- Bhalo Rakkhosher Golpo (directed by Kaushik Sen)
- Birpurush (2010)
- Macbeth (2012 Bengali theatre, based on Shakespeare's play Macbeth, directed by Kaushik Sen; Riddhi Sen played the role of one of the three witches)
- In mid-2012 Sen played the role of young Andrea in Anjan Dutt's Bengali theatre adoption of Bertolt Brecht's Life of Galileo.
- Ashwathama, directed by Kaushik Sen based on Manoj Mitra's play Ashwathama; Riddhi Sen played the role of Ashwathama.
- Taraye Taraye, directed by Kaushik Sen based on Srijato's novel Tara Bhora Akasher Niche; Riddhi Sen played the role of Ritwik.
- National Film Award for Best Actor for Nagarkirtan
- Award by Nehru Children's Museum
- Sundaram Award, 2008
- "Theatre for a cause". Telegraph Kolkata. 25 November 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "South Point prize distribution ceremony document" (PDF). South Point school, Kolkata. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "National Film Awards 2018 complete winners list: Sridevi named Best Actress; Newton is Best Hindi Film". Firstpost. 13 April 2018. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Family drama". India Today. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Chitra Sen: Bengali theatre and acting-Exclusive Interview". Calcuttaweb. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "A little twist in 'Kahaani'". Times of India. 24 Oct 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Preview". narthaki.com/. Retrieved 13 May 2012.
- "'Performance speaks louder than star power'". Times of India. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Anjan as galileo". Telegraph Calcutta. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- "Riddhi Sen as Topshe in Web-Series Feluda; New Topshe for the New Age Audience" https://www.addatimes.com/show/feluda/