Ride a Violent Mile
|Ride a Violent Mile|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Charles Marquis Warren|
|Produced by||Robert Stabler|
|Screenplay by||Eric Norden|
|Story by||Charles Marquis Warren|
Charles H. Gray
|Music by||Raoul Kraushaar|
|Edited by||Leslie Vidor|
Regal Films Inc
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Ride a Violent Mile is a 1957 American Western film directed by Charles Marquis Warren and written by Eric Norden. The film stars John Agar, Penny Edwards, John Pickard, Bing Russell, Richard Shannon and Charles H. Gray. The film was released on November 24, 1957, by 20th Century Fox.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2015)
A stranger in town, Jeff Donner, intervenes when dancehall girl Susan Crowley is accosted by two men. He then discovers a man's mortally wounded body, listens to his last words, then is arrested for murder by Thorne, the new marshal.
Susan helps him get away and confides to Donner that she is actually a Union Army undercover operative. She says the dead man was to deliver a coded message to her, but was killed while she was being roughed up by the two cowboys. Donner repeats what the man said, which Susan is to pass along to a Cavalry officer. A man named Norman murders the officer and pretends to be him, then takes Susan captive.
Donner, discovering that the man's coded message involves a Confederate plot to rustle cattle and seize advantageous land, confronts Thorne, who's in league with the rebels. He is successful and rescues Susan as well.
- John Agar as Jeff Donner
- Penny Edwards as Susan Crowley
- John Pickard as Marshal James Thorne
- Bing Russell as Corporal Norman
- Richard Shannon as Sam
- Charles H. Gray as Dory
- Sheb Wooley as Jonathan Long
- Rush Williams as Edwards
- Richard Gilden as Francisco Gomez
- Rocky Shahan as Outlaw
The film was produced by Charles Marquess Warren's Emirau Productions.
Filming started in June 1957.
- "Ride a Violent Mile (1957) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Ride-a-Violent-Mile - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Ride a Violent Mile". Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- Schallert, E. (1957, Jan 31). Travers scripts own starring film; 'million dollar answer' slated. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/167022075?accountid=13902
- Schallert, E. (1957, Jun 12). India now beckoning wayne; new cinerama of pacific deal sealed. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/167155108?accountid=13902
|This 1950s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|