Ridge Point High School
|Ridge Point High School|
|500 Waters Lake Blvd.
Missouri City, Texas 77459
|School type||public school|
|Motto||There is no limit to what we can achieve|
|School district||Fort Bend Independent School District|
|Enrollment||1,091 (Spring 2012)|
|Campus size||77 acres (310,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Purple, Silver & White|
|Slogan||The home of scholars and champions|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAAA|
|2011 TEA Rating||Academically Acceptable|
|Website||Ridge Point High School|
Opened in August 2010, the school serves students in grades 9-12 in Fort Bend Independent School District. The first graduating class was the class of 2013. The current principal is Mr. Len Brogan.
The name Ridge Point High School name was chosen in February 2010 to honor area history, specific the Blue Ridge Oil Field and the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railway reaching Stafford's Point in 1853. Ridge Point High School is one of two high schools within the Fort Bend Independent School District that is not named after a person.
The following elementary schools feed into Ridge Point:
- Scanlan Oaks
- Jan Schiff
- Sienna Crossing
- Heritage Rose
- Donald Leonetti (Opening 2017-18 School Year)
The following middle schools feed into Ridge Point:.
- Quail Valley (partial) GT academy students zoned to Ridge Point
- First Colony (partial) Until 2018-19 School Year, when Thornton will open
- Ronald Thornton (Opening 2018-19 School Year)
Ridge Point athletics are included in UIL District 20-6A division (2016-2018). Other members include FB Austin, FB Bush, FB Clements, FB Dulles, FB Hightower, FB Kempner, and FB Travis.
The Ridge Point football team advanced to the state playoffs in 2015 and the state semifinals in 2016
- Cross Country
- Cross Country
- Zheng, Zen T.C. (2008-07-10). "Site work begins for new FBISD high school". Houston Chronicle.
- "FBISD Names 11th High School". FortBendNow.com. 2010-02-11.