Ridgecrest Regional Hospital
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ridgecrest Regional Hospital|
|Location||1081 N. China Lake Blvd., Ridgecrest, California, United States|
|Emergency department||Level IV trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is a hospital located in Ridgecrest, California which is just east of the Southern Sierra Mountains in the Indian Wells Valley. It has two specialty units, including pediatric and intensive care. The hospital was established in the mid-1940s out of a need for medical care for the workforce of the growing China Lake naval weapons station. It is the only regional healthcare system in the area and provides a variety of services to the region.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2009)
The hospital was established by Dr. Thomas Drummond in 1945 as Ridgecrest Community Hospital. The hospital has seen several expansions over the years: a new wing was added in 1968; an intensive-care unit in 1976; and a four-phased major expansion was begun in 1987.
- "Info". emsa.ca.gov. 2018. Retrieved 2019-05-27.
- "ABOUT Ridgecrest Regional Hospital". Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "Ridgecrest Regional Hospital". RRH healthcare. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "Ridgecrest Regional Hospital services". analyzed data from RRH. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "The history of Ridgecrest Regional Hospital". source. Retrieved 2011-09-18.